Our Time Apart

Your POV

The two weeks we were apart were infuriating. I constantly had Kelly on my back and my school work was a pain to catch up with. Kelly and her friends were annoyed that they weren't chosen. Even though she was only there for a week it felt weird not waking up with her next to me. Had she really impacted on me that much!?

Anyway, it was Friday and tomorrow we would be travelling for six hours on a bus. That was going to be fun. I had packed my clothes. How much black did I own!? My suitcase was filled with just black everything. Black tops, leggings, jeans, glasses, necklaces, shoes, underwear, bras, hairbands and most of my things like my hairbrush were also black. That was going to a contrast to Whites outfit, wasn't it? I had also packed the dress, for just in case.

Though, soon it was time for the trip to start. On the Sunday morning all people going on trip were to meet outside at six in the fucking morning, so we could sit in a bus for three hours.

Once I made it down with my suitcase, I had the most stairs to get down, I met up with Rhys, Howard, Howell and Lola. We were going to be in the same row, with Howard, Lola and Rhys on one side and Howell and I on the other with a spare seat. I was the principal's daughter, so I got to choose where my friends and I got to sit.

We were let on first much to, Kelly's friend, Patricia's distaste. We took up a row half way up the bus as we knew the back was horrible for speed bumps.

After about half an hour we were good to go.

An hour into the trip I fall asleep and wake up in a strange place. I'm sat on the floor in a bright white room and when I look up, I see White looking at me with concern and confusion. "Stardrop?" "Rainbow?" "what are you doing here?" "I could ask you the same thing." "so let me guess, you fell asleep?" "yeah, how did you know?" "I had this dream a few nights ago, this is 54 years into the future." "54 years?" "yes." "am I still alive?" "yes, you'll see in a minute."

I look around.

"where am I anyway?" "my control room on the ship." "okay? Can we go and look around now?" "yes, but be warned. No one can see or hear you." "I can see that is an introvert dream and an extrovert's nightmare." "come on, you have to see this."

We walked through the halls and I see gems, humans and hybrids like that Steven boy. "is this Homeworld?" "yes, but Homeworld is a little boring at the minute." "it's not boring as long as you're there." "that was so bad!" "got you to smile." "I suppose it did."

We walked for a while until we see three small gems run out the door.

"our future selves are in there." "really? Should we go, and see?" "it might be a little bit of a shock." "what do you mean?" "go walk through the door and see." She walked through the door and just stood completely still. "Are you alright?" "that's me!"

"that's right, I'm you."

We looked at the older Stardrop. "What!?" "She is me; I am her. It's a simply concept." "you can hear and see us!?" "yes, I can. Rainbow, can you come here for a moment?" "yes, my love?" we just watched as they cuddled each other on the bed with I in her lap. "it seems that we have visitors from the past." "ah, when I looked like an idiot." "hey, I fell for you, didn't I?" "I will never know how." "I go for personality, not looks." "I was a homicidal maniac!" "well..."

They giggled.

"so, why does she look like a gem?" "rude." "she looks like a gem because you save her life, and give her a piece of your gem." "why do I need to save her life?" "it was something out of your control." "can you at least tell us." they shook their heads. "Okay...?" "what's with the children." "they're our daughters." "what!?" "yes, don't worry you adopt." "adopt?" "yes, you take in gems that were abandoned or their parents died." "and I give them a piece of my gem to make them a diamond, so they're connected to me." "okay..." We sat talking for a while about how things change, and about the marriage between the older us.

I wake up to Howell shaking me saying that we've arrived.