1 - The Princess of Solaris

Yet another dull day rolls by.

I stroll peacefully through the grounds which surrounds my home on this planet. I navigate myself through the cryptic maze-like gardens, running my hand through the perfectly trimmed topiaries as I travelled towards the front gate.

My life unfortunately does not consist of much, as my title as Princess of Solaris does not contain much substance. I yearn desperately to be in full control as the Queen and succeeding my late mother, but as long as my government occupies my right to the throne, I sit here shamefully helpless as the Clone Wars rage on, having no say in any matter whatsoever. My people are dying, and they will continue to do so if someone does not put an end to Senator Sarin's power trip. He has brought us nothing but war and distress to our once neutral system, much like the recent events involving Duchess Satine and Mandalore.

Today, I managed to evade the guards caging me in for 'my protection', enabling me to walk around the Capital, Vis, and observe my people... I figured seeing as my government would not allow it, the least I could do was to aid them first-hand. According to Sarin, the reason I am being isolated and confined to the palace, was due to the conspiracy of a separatist plot to eliminate the remainder of the Anara {your surname} bloodline. I never believed this of course, as I never found the Senator to be a trusted ally of my family, as my mother and brother had, but look where it got them. I told myself however, that if there was a plot to kill me, surely they would choose wipe out my governmental power first... right?

I sneak through the vast marketplace, observing my people serving food and merchandise under their stalls. The smell of spices and exotic foods flood through my nose, I could see how the villagers had re-done the markings of the buildings around me, children ran at my feet, playing hide-and-seek in between stalls... I smiled to myself; it felt like home. Everyone seemed so happy yet I could somehow sense their sadness. The war was obviously causing them pain and it killed me knowing I could do nothing about it.

I travel further though the Bazaar, until I reached the centre, where a magnificent marble fountain had been built in honour of the passing of my mother, Queen Rokka. I bow my head in reflection and concentrate on the ever fading memory of my mother. Memories of how she used to parade me around the gardens, playing and enlightening me of all the joys of ruling our system came flooding back to me. I allow a tear to slide down my cheek as more past moments hit me. I remember the way she used to tell me and my brother Ayzel the stories of the Jedi Order on the City planet of Coruscant, the way she used to hum a song to lull us to sleep on restless nights. That song would haunt me forever, along with her ghostly voice singing the melody. I remembered her smile, her face, the way she-

BOOM.

An eruption sounds around me, leading my reflexes to cover my head as rock and rubble crumbled from the buildings, spraying me with debris. The sounds of screams echoed through the Bazaar as policing droids circulate the area, rushing over to my aid. I look up to the sky and spot a masked individual on the rooftops, grasping a large gun and a grenade in their hand.  Dazed from the explosions and the cloud of dust invading my lungs, my legs suddenly give in and I collapse to the ground, hitting my head on the hard rock floor. My head spins rapidly, and a high frequency ringing sounds in my ears.. I watch as the scene above me begins to spin also, my eyes travelling to my familiar authorities surrounding me. Everything suddenly goes hazy until my mind completely blacks out.

Although all of my vision and majority of my hearing had been eliminated, I was still trapped in the prison cell which was my mind, my thoughts racing, wondering what had actually happened. Had someone tried to kill me? Was this an intended attack whether I was present or not? I wasn't sure.