20 - Lies

{ANAKIN'S POV}

I woke up from my deep sleep to find (y/n) sat with me, and before I knew it, she was kissing me. This was a moment I have been dreaming of since the second I laid eyes on her, but never anticipated it would actually happen. She is the Queen and I am only a Jedi... but here I was, my lips connected to hers, caught in a moment of pure bliss.

She pulls away after a moment and rests her forehead on mine, the both of us smiling like crazy. I stare into her eyes, trying to ignore the pain in my abdomen as I attempt to keep this moment perfect. I have longed for this to happen for ages, and after what happened at the ball, I never thought I would ever get to act on my feelings.

Does this means she feels the same way?

As I looked into her beautiful (y/e/c) eyes, I felt a pain tense up in my chest, causing me to relive a moment from a few hours before... about just after Ayzel had stabbed me with his dagger.

{FLASHBACK}

Am I hallucinating?

I have to be.

Her eyes-

I try to keep calm and keep my breath steady but it was hard seeing as (y/n)'s eyes were literally flashing from her (y/e/c) eye colour to a yellow and then back to her usual colour again.

{FLASHBACK ENDS}

I watch as (y/n)'s face shifts to an expression of confusion as I let my smile fall. Am I really sure I wasn't hallucinating, though? That whole experience just feels like a feverish dream now to me.

"(y/n)...I think we need to talk about something."

She raises her eyebrows at me and moves to sit back on the chair by the bed as I place my hands on the mattress to try a prop myself up, groaning as I bend my torso where the bandage was. I squint my eyes closed in pain and (y/n) shoots me a worried look, gently placing her hand on my arm to push me back down.

"Anakin no, you have to lie down, you're hurt," she pleaded to me as I lay back down on the bed, shifting my head to the side so I could look her in the eyes. I crack her a broken smile and reach my hand off the side of the bed to grab hers, squeezing it reassuringly.

"I'm ok, my Princess; I promise you."

She smiles, gazing down at me hand in hers and letting out a small laugh, "You know I'm technically the Queen now right?"

I laugh in response, my chest hurting as I did so, "Yeah, I know... but you're still my princess."

I watch her cheeks blush red from my words, using her thumb to gently caress the skin on the top of my hand, "What did you need to talk to me about?"

I take a deep breath and debate different ways to tackle this as she gives me a slightly worried look on her pretty face.

How am I supposed to casually tell her that 'hey, I saw you using the force before.. and did you know your eyes were a different colour? No?'

I stare into her beautiful eyes, thinking about all the trauma and pain she has suffered over the last month or so... well since her mother and brother 'died'. I knew she was trying her best to be strong for me seeing as I was in such a vulnerable state, but I could sense she was slowly breaking down inside, bit by bit.

"I'm not quite sure how to say this, (y/n).."

"Anakin, you're scaring me," she whispers in a hushed voice, unintentionally squeezing my hand rather too hard.