31 - Devica

"Oh ok..." Anakin nods, the information completely going over his head until he suddenly realises, widening his eyes at me as he looks down on my face, "I'm sorry... your what ?!"

"I have a sister, Anakin: Devica is her name... Ayzel told me before he took his last breath and said I should find her." I lifted my gaze up from the grass to meet Anakin's eyes, which I noticed them frantically darting around as he attempted to process this information. I bit my lip anxiously and scratched my forearm as his eyes met mine once more, "...I don't think he wanted me to be alone, so he told me to go to Corellia and find her. I am going Anakin, with or without you. But I do want you to be by my side, so this is your choice."

Anakin sighed and reached his gloved hand out to me and placed it gently on my shoulder, his other hand coming to rest upon my cheek, "There is no way that you're going without me, (y/n). Especially after what has happened you to today... technically I haven't been relieved yet of my role as your protector, and so if I didn't come, I wouldn't be doing my job."

I brought my hand up to place it over his on my cheek, smiling up at him and his other hand gripped onto my shoulder. "If you insist then, General Skywalker," I say, making Anakin smirk and chuckle inaudibly from my words.

Anakin's gaze remained on mine, looking as though he was about to move in a little closer as we stood alone on the grassland, the breeze blowing around us. Just as I noticed Anakin lower his head a little, his eyes suddenly are torn from me and are frantically directed just above my head behind me. I feel his grip loosen on my shoulder and his other hand drop from my cheek as he quickly shifts them onto my back, pushing me a little in the direction of the ship.

"Solarians; they're coming. We need to get you out of here now before they recognize you."

I nod to him and allow myself to be ushered by Anakin towards the ship. Just as we boarded the ship and Rex had kick-started the engine, I rushed to the front of the ship and noticed the Solarians rush over to Ventress' body discarded under the weeping willow swaying in the wind. I spotted one bending down and gently tracing their fingers over the cauterized hole in her abdomen as I watched the other stand and watch the ship hovering over the air as Ahsoka and Rex tried to get everything going.

"They didn't see me, right?" I ask quietly, folding my arms across my chest as I allowed Anakin, Rex and Ahsoka do their thing.

"They couldn't have possibly seen you (y/n)... I'm just hoping they don't recognize the ship as part of the Republic and report us and Ventress' body. But then again; wouldn't they just report it to your Government anyways?" Ahsoka explained, flipping a few switches on the control console before swivelling on her chair to face me.

"True... I'm sure Shadani would tell me before reporting to the Senate, so I'm fairly certain I can handle it," I replied to Ahsoka, biting my fingernail nervously.

"Well let's just hope that Senator Strestar is a little more trustworthy than the other Senators you've had represent your system," Anakin joked, not moving his eyes from the console and Rex even once.

"That reminds me, I need to schedule an appointment with Chancellor Palpatine so I can appeal Sarin's release from the Coruscant prison."

Ahsoka looked at me in utter confusion, her mouth dropping as Anakin turns around to face me, his eyebrows furrowed and his lips curled into a slight scowl, "Why in the force would you want that piece of scum out of prison where he belongs?"

"Well I'm not sure if you've managed to put two and two together yet Skywalker, but due to my last few interactions with my not-so-dead brother, don't you think you can realise now that Sarin wasn't the one trying to kill me?" I blew out in frustration as I placed my hands on my hips whilst responding to Anakin, making Rex snigger a little as he piloted the ship back over to the Palace.