18 - Her or Me

{ANAKIN'S POV}

"Going somewhere?" a man grasping a blaster sneered at us as he loomed in the doorway, a twisted grin plastered upon his mouth.

I felt (y/n)'s grip tighten around my hand and she stiffens a little before pulling me behind her protectively. I look down at the back of her unruly hair in confusion and then back at the man in front of us. He had messy brown hair, brown eyes which glared into (y/n)'s and fully black clothing, complete with a bandage wrapped tightly around his shoulder.

"S-stay away from him-" (y/n)'s voice wobbled a little as she tried her best to sound confident and menacing towards this mysterious person.

The brown haired man grins at her, laughing lowly before approaching us. (y/n) places her hand on my chest to push me backwards as he came towards us.

"I said stay away from him!" she yelled, making the man chuckle to himself once more and raise his eyebrow at her in amusement.

"Are you not going to introduce me to your friend, Starlight?" the man asked rather softly yet aggressively at the same time. I saw (y/n)'s chest heave a little up and down as she shifts her glance from him to me.

Starlight? Does (y/n) know this creep?

I glare at him as he cocks his head to the side, staring at (y/n)'s uncomfortable face, "No? Fine then, but you're only being rude. If mother could see you now-"

Strangely this triggered something in (y/n), making her try to run at the man. I quickly seize her by the waist to hold her back, her legs flailing around as I suspended her a little over the ground. This however only seemed to amuse the man even further.

She tried to push my arms from her waist but I held her securely as she became more distressed, "Anakin let me at him! Let me go, let me at him," she strained her voice as she moved, making my heart ache a little. As much as I wanted to let her go full on crazy at this guy, I knew I needed to keep her alive. 

The man sniggers, shifting his glance above (y/n)'s head to me, "Anakin as in Anakin Skywalker? The Jedi General? Ah yes, I've heard lots about you."

I raise my eyebrow at him, "Well that's funny, because (y/n) has never mentioned you."

He holds his hand to his heart as though he was deeply offended and doubled up laughing, making me feel a little uneasy. Why was this guy laughing so much, I fail to comprehend how this is a funny situation.

"Really? (y/n) I have to say, I'm deeply offended. How could you not tell your own boyfriend about your dear older brother?"

"I'm not her boyfriend-" I say to him defensively, letting the rest of his sentence completely pass over my head, "Hang on a second. Did you say her brother?"

He says nothing, but bows and smirks at me in response.

"Meaning you're Ayzel... but (y/n) said you were dead!" I protest, trying to process this information. I look down at (y/n)'s face, where tears were falling from her eyes as she refuses to look at either of us.

"Clearly not. I thought you Jedi were a bit brighter than that," Ayzel sneers at me, making my fists curl in frustration.

I watch as Ayzel shifts his glance back to (y/n), smiling at the sight of her tears. He slowly approached her but she seemed to be rooted to her spot, allowing him to stand directly in front of her. He raises his hand to her face and wipes his thumb down her cheek to dry her tears. My chest tightens a little as he does this, gearing myself up to rip his hand from her beautiful cheek. Just as I was about to push him, (y/n) bites Ayzel's thumb roughly as he brings it near her mouth. He pulls away in pain, shaking his hand in frantically. A look of pure anger takes over his facial expression and looks as though he was about to kill (y/n), but before he could move towards her, I step in front of (y/n) protectively and ignite my lightsaber, stopping Ayzel in his tracks as he reaches my blue blade.