30 - Justice

a/n : Hello all! Before we get into this chapter, I just want to note a few things. Firstly, I am so thankful for you guys that I completely forgot to thank you for 3k reads and now we're already at 4k, so I am beyond grateful to every single one of you reading! Secondly, I want to apologize for killing off Ayzel as I know that a lot of you weren't too happy I did so, but I just wanted to explain my reasoning:

- Ayzel was an extremely troubled man and has suffered so much pain and trauma throughout his life, and so I thought that even though he did redeem himself and should he have lived, his problems would have probably continued to haunt him for the rest of his life and caused him even more pain. I just thought that his sacrifice would've made a bigger impact if he died and also to show that he would finally be at peace, making amends with his parents in 'another life'. Also, this is where Devica comes into the equation: I honestly don't think that Ayzel would have even mentioned her name to (y/n) if he wasn't on the brink of death, and without him being on his deathbed it would just make Devica's introduction feel a lot more forced and unnatural.

I hope that has cleared a few things up, I'll stop rambling now and actually get into the chapter so I hope you agree with my reasoning for Ayzel's death (I'm gonna miss my bb boy so much :'( ) and are enjoying the story so far!! <3

~•☾❤︎☽•~

{TW : Recap on death, and murder}

{Y/N'S POV}

"Just go, find her. I-I love you Starlight..." my tears splashed down onto Ayzel's face as I continuously begged him not to leave me, panic and an overwhelming sense of grief washing through my body as I was forced to look upon the shivering, almost lifeless body of my older brother, my arms shaking as I cradled him closely in my embrace.

"Ayzel... Ayzel no! No, no, no, come back! Don't go... please, I still need you-" I cry in broken sobs, choking on my tears as I watch Ayzel's eyes slowly flutter closed, feeling his last breath caress my cheek gently. His body grew limp in my arms, his head losing its support and falling down my arms slightly. "Ayzel..." I whisper, holding his body closer to mine, resting my head on his messy brown hair as I let out a heart-wrenching scream much like the one when I thought I had lost him the first time a year ago...

But this time, it was real.

I shuddered as the cold breeze wafted around me, attacking me as I felt myself slowly drifting further and further away, allowing my grief, pain and my hatred to monopolize my body. I gritted my teeth, clenching my fists around Ayzel's lifeless body as I looked up to face Anakin, Obi-Wan, Rex and Ahsoka who were looking upon me with pitiful and concerned looks in their eyes. I shift my glance from them slowly and across the grassland to fixate on the slightly fearful looking Dathomirian piece of scum that took my brother from me, her Master no-where in sight.

She took him from you.

Gently, I untangled myself from Ayzel's pale body and carefully lay him down on the grass, holding my hand to his cheek before slowly taking a knee and heaving my body from the floor, staring Ventress directly in the eyes with an unforgiving look in mine. I allowed my tears to fall down my cheeks as I silently continued to make deadly eye contact with Ventress, feeling my emotions grow stronger and more overpowering with each passing second. It was as if my grief and inner suffering had taken the form of a type of force, enshrouding me from head to toe with the deepest hate for Ventress as it spread through my body as quickly as a lethal virus would.

She killed your brother.

Without breaking my eye contact with Ventress, I suddenly outstretched my hand to my side, the sensation of a presence coursing through my veins in my hands as Ventress observed me carefully in confusion. The tears still streaming and strands of my hair blowing in front of my face as the presence grew stronger in my hand, feeling it pull towards my lightsaber discarded on the grass from when I had given myself over to Ayzel. I focused on the great deal of pain that was weighing upon me, making the presence grow even stronger until it finally reached the point where I suddenly felt the cool metal hilt of my saber fly into my hands. I grip my hands around the hilt as Ventress looks at me in bewilderment and surprise of my force wielding ability.