11 - Trust Me

{Y/N'S POV}

That night, Obi-Wan, Anakin and Ahsoka stayed with me in the Palace after bringing me back to Sarin who was "absolutely relieved that I was safe back at home." At this point I was trying to restrain myself from completely strangling him because of his duplicitous nature. Ahsoka was to stay with me in my room, and Obi-Wan and Anakin in Ayzel's old room. I was hesitant about this at first, but I realised the first step of moving on with my grief is to let go and accept he is gone, despite how painful that is for me. 

I lay awake in my bed, watching Ahsoka sleep peacefully enviously. I don't remember the last time I had gotten a good night's sleep.. it was probably just before Ayzel and my mother's death. A year ago. I sit up and get out of bed, pulling a silk wrap over my blue nightgown and walked out of the room. I took one last look at the snoring Ahsoka before shutting my door and walking down the staircase to the ground floor. I wander outside of the palace and into the gardens, finding myself standing looking into my little pond in the circle of topiaries. 

I stare into the water and at my reflection, questioning so many things about myself that weren't there before, like my previous desire to brutally murder the assassin. I sigh and trail my finger through the water, obscuring my reflection so I couldn't see it. Once the water became still again, I noticed a second reflection next to mine. I look up and face the person who had mysteriously appeared next to me. 

"Obi-Wan! You startled me... what can I do for you?" 

"I was just trying to take a meditative midnight stroll, my lady. Shouldn't you be sleeping?" Obi-Wan says staring into the blue water, the moon reflecting onto our faces. 

"I don't sleep well anymore." 

"Because of your mother and brother?" 

I nod, rubbing my arms from the cold air seeping through the thin silk wrap and nightgown. I notice Obi-Wan edge a little closer to me. I don't look at him straight in the eyes, but instead at his arms which but a few inches from me. What was happening?

"I truly am happy you're safe, Princess... I don't know what I would do if something had happened to you..." Obi-Wan whispered, moving his fingers towards me. I shivered a little as they grazed my bare arm. 

"Thank you, General." 

Obi-Wan moved his hand further so it was now fully on mine and looks me straight in the eyes. "You know... if you don't feel that Anakin is doing a sufficient job on protecting you, you could always transfer and I could be your protector. You see, I rather enjoy your company (y/n)." 

I felt him squeeze my hand, making me feel a little uneasy. Why did this feel wrong? Why did I wish it was someone else? I moved my hands from his and shuffled away a little. 

"Actually General, I feel more than safe around Skywalker. He's doing a great job, I'm the problem. Plus I am more than capable of taking care of myself, as I had proved earlier today. I appreciate your offer, Obi-Wan, but my biggest concern as of now is Solaris." 

Obi-Wan backed away from me, looking a little hurt and bowed to me. I felt awful, but I did what I had to do. He turned away and continued his walk through the gardens. I let out the breath I was holding in and play with my silk wrap as I stare back at the pond. I sigh, but feel another person behind me. I could feel their warm breath hit my icy neck, and I watched as a gloved hand leaned on the wall. 

"Missed me?" they said coyly. I smirked as soon as I heard their voice in my ear. I spun around on my heels and I am faced with the smirking face of Anakin Skywalker, bringing a small smile to my face. 

"Evening, Skywalker." 

"What are you doing out here alone? So late as well?" he said to me, his eyes studying my face and wavy hair.