39 - Family

It feels so strange to say that I was now engaged. To Anakin... a Jedi too for that matter! It seems almost unheard of; a Jedi engaged to marry a Queen. I mean, if you asked me a year ago if I would believe that I'd be where I am now, I'd probably tell you you were insane.

But here I am: engaged to the most wonderful man in the entire galaxy. Someone who loved me for me, and not for me title. Someone who worshipped the very ground I walked on and treasured every single moment we spent together, every kiss, every embrace. He made me feel special, and made sure to let me know that, with every single chance he got.

I wasn't sure who to tell at first as I wasn't too sure on how the news would be taken. I mean, if I told Obi-Wan, how do I know if he was going to report Anakin to the council and have him expelled from the Order? Now I know that Obi-Wan would never due such a thing to Anakin... but jealousy would just about do it. However, I did know that Devica and Ahsoka would be ecstatic if I told them.

And I was right.

So here we are, a week later and just about ready to go into a wonderful engagement party put together by Devica to celebrate the news before Anakin, Obi-Wan and Ahsoka left for Coruscant again. It was only a small get together in the memorial temple with me, Dev, Ahsoka, Anakin, Rex and Obi-Wan, but that is really all the people I wanted and needed there. Somehow, Anakin managed to explain the situation and fortunately he was apparently thrilled. I wish I could confirm this, but I'll just have to go off Anakin's words.

I sat in my silk dressing gown in front of my dressing table mirror as Devica curled my hair, a smile plastered on her face, silently admiring my ring on my finger. After around fifteen minutes of being absent, Ahsoka burst in through the door and quickly closed the door behind her. I noticed that she had my dress slung over her shoulder, and grasping a bottle of champagne and three glasses.

I couldn't help but let out a snigger at the sight of Ahsoka, waiting for Devica to take the curlers from my head before getting up and approaching Ahsoka. I chuckled at her as I took my dress off of her shoulder and my tiara which was rested lopsided on one of her montrals.

"Are you alright Ahsoka? You seem a little... breathless," Devica said, taking a seat on the stool I was just sat on as she covered her mouth to stifle her giggles.

"I just ran up four flights upstairs with a very heavy gown on my shoulders and I decided to steal a bottle of champagne from the kitchens to celebrate so yes, I am a little breathless!" Ahsoka panted, shoving the bottle at Devica as she placed the glasses on the dressing table.

Placing my gown and tiara neatly on my armchair, my eyes widened as I watched Devica pour a few inches of the bubbly liquid in each of the glasses. "Woah, woah, Dev! Should we really be giving Ahsoka that? I mean she's... underage," I said cautiously, Ahsoka and Devica exchanging amused glances before looking back at me.

"Oh come on now, (y/n), this is a celebration! We can give her at least a little bit so she can join in on the fun! After that, I will make sure she is strictly on juice for the rest of the night-" Devica joked, handing me my glass as Ahsoka smirked.

Sighing, I give in. "Fine; but only a little bit!" I warned.

I gripped tightly onto my glass as I watched Devica hand Ahsoka her glass, winking at her as Ahsoka grinned back. Devica suddenly arose from the stool and raised her glass a little in the air, looking at me adoringly in the eyes. "To my beloved little sister, we are honoured to celebrate you and this wonderful journey you are on! I love you, (y/n)."

I felt tears brim in my eyes as we drank the liquid, the bubbles startling Ahsoka as it tickled her nose. I walked over to Devica and rested my head on her shoulder as she placed her arm around me. We both looked down onto Ahsoka, who's facial expression changed to disgust as she swallowed the champagne forcefully.