26 - Hungry Eyes

{ TW : This one is fairly s p i c y.... I was feeling a little bit adventurous and wanted to give y'all a little something to grasp onto before the imminent upcoming angst ;) }

"(y/n)? (y/n), it's Anakin. Can I come in?" I hear the soft voice of Anakin sound through the door once more, noticing his shadow appear at the bottom of the doorway and blocking out the light behind him.

Quickly wiping away the rogue tears upon my cheek with a smooth motion, I slowly shuffled across the room towards the door through the darkness. As my hand hovers over the button to open the door, I rest my forehead gently on the metal, trying to come to terms with what will happen when and if I do open this door. I felt my heart physically ache and my stomach churn uneasily as I imagine the look on Anakin's face when I have to tell him that Ayzel had Ahsoka hostage and in order to stop him from wreaking any further terror on Solaris and the galaxy, I would have to sacrifice my own life to him. I never realised until now, that when I agreed to Ayzel's terms, I was too busy focusing on my inability to be able to handle losing Anakin... and not the fact that this time he would be the one to have to deal with my inevitable demise.

You have to face him at some point; stop being a coward.

Taking a deep breath, I finally allow my hand to make contact with the button and allow the door to shoot upwards before my eyes, unveiling the familiar handsome face of my Jedi protector who was stood but metres before me. Dangerously close before me. I notice him observe my face closely, his blue ones staring down and lingering on my lips before bringing his gaze back up to meet eyes with me. From the very moment I found myself drowning in his eyes, I direct mine down to the floor due to the fact that I couldn't physically bear to face him right now.

"Hey... what's wrong?" he whispers softly to me, bringing his soft hand up to cup my cheek gently, making me flush red hot from the feeling. I close my eyes and move my face further against his hand, bringing my own up to hold his against my skin. "You can tell me, my Princess. What happened when you left Ahsoka and I?"

Ahsoka.

"Anakin... do you know where Ahsoka is?" I question him, feeling a lump grow in my throat uncomfortably.

"Not as of this point in time, no. After you ran out, I went to find you and I left Ahsoka by herself in the room... why? Has this got something to do with why you left so fast? Did Ahsoka say something to you-"

My eyes widening due to his rising temper, I shake my head quickly and move my hands onto his shoulders securely, "No, no! It's just... I need to tell you something Anakin."

"What is it?" Anakin replies, a content smile pasted on his mouth. As he continues to look down onto my dismayed face, his beautiful smile falls ever so slowly upon the realisation that I didn't have good news for him to hear.

"Ayzel has Ahsoka captive, Anakin. He's holding her hostage until I come to face him... and I have 48 hours to do so, otherwise she-she dies," I finally get out the words, feeling my eyes cloud up once more after imagining the thought of Ahsoka dead by the hand of my own brother.

"Ayzel has Ahsoka? As in your brother Ayzel?" Anakin demands, panic colouring his voice.

"Of course my brother, Anakin! How many other Ayzels do you know of?! More specifically, how many other Ayzels do you know that primarily want to cause harm to me!" I snap back at him, ripping his hands from my face as I step back and turn my back to him, clenching my fists as I try to breathe.

"I'm sorry (y/n). I didn't mean to upset you" Anakin softly speaks to me, allowing me to breathe and calm down for a second before slowly approaching me from behind.