23 - Deserter

After Obi-Wan disrupted me and Ahsoka's discoveries on my father's identity, we were told to pack our things and prepare for departure to Coruscant. Of course this bothered me, as I had only been back to Solaris for not even a week now. However, I tried to think of the positives: being back on Coruscant would possibly enable me the chance to discover more of my father... plus I get to reunite with a dear family friend of mine, Satine, who has been basically like my second mother for years now.

{ a/n : dress time my loves! Hope you like this one! ^^ }

After I changed into a beautiful green gown and fixed my mother's tiara onto my wild curls, I was escorted by Ahsoka and Obi-Wan onto the ship they had brought when they came to track me down after I had ran off. I am led through the ship to a lounge area, where I am greeted by Anakin who was still in a little pain, but sufficiently rested up. I waited for the Clone Trooper who had brought me to the room leave, and as soon as I heard the doors close together with a slight hiss, an uncontrollable smile spreads across my face and I find my legs rushing over to Anakin. As I ran to him, he had his arms outstretched and ready to hold me in his embrace. I wrapped my arms around him tightly, nearly knocking him over from the speed I was running at. I heard a short gasp escape his mouth as I hugged him, making me loosen my arms and step away at arm's length.

"Oh god, Anakin are you ok? Did I hurt you?" I ask frantically, fear coursing through me as my eyes examine his wound area.

He shakes his head and gives me a weakened smile but slowly pulls me back towards him, feeling his arms gently snake around my waist as I rested my head on his chest. I couldn't help but intake the sweet scent from his tunic as I listened to his poor heart hammer inside his chest, making me smile.

"I missed you, my Princess," he whispered into my hair, feeling his chin rest on the top of my head due to the rather large height difference.

"I'm so relieved you're better. You really scared me, Skywalker," I whisper back, my eyes closed shut as I concentrated on the frantic pattern of his heartbeat.

"I-" he begins but is cut short from the sound of the doors starting to open once more, making the two of us break apart from each other's embrace abruptly.

I feel my heart beat frantically inside my chest as the two of us stand awkwardly side-by-side, watching to see who it was. Fortunately for the both of us, it was just Ahsoka. I allowed my frame to relax as I let out a long-held sigh of relief, glancing up at Anakin who looked as though he was probably about to pass out.

"Uhh... are you two good?" Ahsoka asked, raising her eyebrow at the two of us.

I shake my hand in front of me dismissively, whilst simultaneously attempting to regain my breath, "No, no, we're fine. What do you need?"

"I came to see if you needed anything and if Anakin wanted painkillers to speed up his recovery. Obi-Wan also told me to tell you we should be landing on Coruscant momentarily," Ahsoka says to me, folding her arms across her chest as she shifts glances from Anakin to me, "Have you told him about... y'know?"