16 - I Love Her

{ANAKIN'S POV}

The moment her hands left mine was the moment I realised that my heart was just about to run out of the room. I felt empty and numb as the girl who I had madly fallen in love with over the past month left me standing alone on the dance floor. Thank the force that other people were dancing so they couldn't be a witness to my brutal rejection. I quickly darted into the crowd and went to find Ahsoka because even though I was almost desperate to go to (y/n), I knew that after what just happened on the dance floor, she would need her space.

I found Ahsoka in the corner near the banquet table stood playfully making fun of Obi-Wan along with Padmé, who was casually sipping her drink whilst watching the pair of them in amusement. I slid in beside Padmé, smiling to the three of them as if absolutely nothing had just happened to me.

"What did I miss?" I asked them, abruptly stopping Ahsoka's maniacal laughter. That girl really scares me sometimes...

"Oh nothing Skyguy, I was just trying to convince Master Obi-Wan to let me shave his beard with my lightsaber-"

Obi-Wan places his fingers on the bridge of his nose in disappointment, whilst cutting Ahsoka off, "-And I was just reminding young Ahsoka that her lightsaber is a dangerous weapon and I will not be letting her put it anywhere near my face anytime soon."

Padmé chuckles into her glass as she raises it for another sip, eyeing my Master and my Padawan happily. I laugh and shake my head at Ahsoka, who smiles proudly at her comments. I wait until Obi-Wan is distracted by someone barging past him and then I lean in Ahsoka's direction, my mouth near her ear.

"Don't worry Snips, we'll get him while he sleeps," I whisper in Ahsoka's ear who doubles up in laughter in agreement. Padmé raises her eyebrow and smirks at the two of us as she lowers her glass, seemingly having heard us. I straightened my posture as Obi-Wan directed his attention back to us and shrug my shoulders nonchalantly at Padmé.

"I should probably go and find (y/n). I'll bring her over-" Padmé says, placing her glass on the table and attempting to leave to find (y/n). My eyes widen and I grab her by the arm, pulling her back to us.

"No, Padmé... She just went out for air, I think she wants a moment alone. I'm sure she's fine," I tell her, causing Obi-Wan to raise his eyebrow and Ahsoka to cross her arms at me. Padmé nods at me in agreement, but Ahsoka's facial expressions told me that she thought otherwise.

"Let me talk to her, Master. She'll listen to me," Ahsoka said stepping forward towards me. I think for a moment and sigh, realising that she was probably right. Ever since (y/n) arrived at the Temple, she and Ahsoka have been practically attached at the hip... I knew this because wherever you found (y/n), you had a 99% chance of finding Ahsoka not too far behind her.

I rest my hand on Ahsoka's shoulder and nod to her, a smile growing on her face from my approval. We watched as our young togruta friend disappeared in the sea of people in the audience, making it hard to spot her due to her height. I turn back to Obi-Wan and Padmé who stood awkwardly in silence as soon as I lost sight of Ahsoka completely.

"Isn't it wonderful that (y/n) has finally taken the throne? The poor thing has been through so much. Her mother and brother dying, the attempts on her life... she deserves this," Padmé said to us, the first to break the silence. Obi-Wan nods in agreement, stroking his beard. I direct my eyes to the floor knowing that I've probably just caused her more stress than she was already having by confessing my stupid feelings to her.

"I'm just happy that Senator Scumbag has finally been imprisoned for his crimes," I mumbled, crossing my arms as I tried not to anger myself as I previously did when I found the assassin's helmet in Sarin's desk.