15 - Resentment

{ a/n : For the character of Ayzel appearance-wise, I was imagining him to look like Ryan McCartan and more specifically him in his portrayal of J.D. from the musical 'Heathers'. I have included a picture below so you can try to visualise him more clearly, but feel free to create/imagine Ayzel however you wish!}

 I have included a picture below so you can try to visualise him more clearly, but feel free to create/imagine Ayzel however you wish!}

{TW: Murder, violence and abuse. I'm issuing a proper viewer discretion advisory here because this chapter is extremely dark and may be a trigger for some. Thank you and I love you all <3 }

*-*-*-*

"Ayzel?"

A sick smirk tugged on the corners of his mouth as he edged closer, bending down and balancing his arms on his knees as his eyes looked directly into mine. A ghostly shiver ran through my body as his eyes stared directly into my soul. My brother was dead, yet here he was kneeling before me.

"Hello sister," he growled at me, startling me a little.

I stammer as I search for the right words, the feeling of utter disbelief taking control of me. It was really Ayzel... It felt like I was talking to a ghost; a ghost who's presence who I'd longed for, cried for even, but was really here in the flesh.

"But-but... you died! Ayzel I watched you die before my own eyes-"

My voice tailed off at the end due to his abrupt sniggers cutting off my sentence. He shook his head as he laughed at me, making me furrow my eyebrows in confusion. Ayzel met my eyes once more, and raised his eyebrow in amusement, "Did you though, (y/n)?"

{FLASHBACK}

He doesn't listen. "I'm sorry, (y/n)."

Ayzel takes one last look at me and dashes off into the smoke. I let out a heart-wrenching scream as I watch my brother disappear for the last time. I sat there alone, sobbing on the cold floor, my hands grasping my head as my body shook uncontrollably from devastation.

Then came the silence.

I stared out into the cloud of white smoke, which did not seem to clear. I sat alone, hoping, wishing, pleading that my brother and mother would miraculously emerge from the mist. That was until I heard two gunshots in the distance. My heart completely snaps in two and I scream yet again.

{FLASHBACK ENDS}

I shake my head violently, not wanting to relive that horrible day. What could he possibly mean?! I watched him go after our mother. I watched him leave me. I watched him disappear into the smoke. Hell, I even heard those damn gun shots.

"I don't... I don't understand," I mumble, tearing my eyes from his stone cold, twisted face.

"Of course you don't, baby sister. You couldn't even if you tried," Ayzel whispered in a chilling, hushed voice, causing goose-bumps to appear across my arms. I direct my gaze back to him as he laughs once more, before hauling himself up and turning to Moxie, "Leave us."