2 - Star-struck

"Anakin Skywalker, my lady."

I watched as the young man outstretched his hand to me. I raised my eyebrows, amused. He had a cocky smirk plastered on his face, as if he expected me to be feel obligated to take his hand. Well tough luck, cause I wasn't gonna fall for his charm. I made no move to greet him, simply standing still, scratching my forearm awkwardly. I see his cheeks flush red with embarrassment and he steps back next to his master, placing his hands behind his back.

"I apologize for my friend, your highness. Please, take a seat. We have much to discuss," Obi-Wan spoke up again, indicating to the large blue couch by the window. I walk over to it leaving the star-struck young man stood awkwardly alone by himself.

{ANAKIN'S POV}

I watched as she practically glided over to the couch with Obi-Wan, my eyes almost glued to her. She was beautiful. I could see the amused look on her face as she refused my hands, the way her mouth curled subtly as she stared at me, but I could see it. I stood completely in awe as she made direct eye contact with me, before smoothly tearing her eyes away as she followed Obi-Wan. Once she sat down, I could finally regain my breath a little.

I couldn't take my eyes off her as I walked around the back of the couch, watching her hair glow in golden light from the sun. She was so... fascinating. I had seen countless women in the galaxy, but none could even start to compare to her, not even Padmé Amidala. I took my seat next to Obi-Wan and examined her carefully, cautious for her not to catch my gaze. I studied her face, her eyes directed to her lap as she played with her fingers. She seemed young - perhaps my age - her eyes the most beautiful [y/e/c]. I noticed they had a certain gleam in them, much like the stars which surrounded our galaxy. She was truly an angel.

As I continued to look, I could see how sad her eyes truly were, as if they were telling the stories of all the pain she must have endured over her life. Although the Princess seemed stand-offish at first, I could only think it was because of this... I could sense great conflict and hurt in her, for reasons I could not possibly begin to think of as it felt deep, clouded and complicated.

Then, she looked at me.

{Y/N POV}

He was looking at me.

I lifted my eyes up from my lap and found his ocean blue eyes staring directly into mine. Oh how this made me uncomfortable. It was like he was staring into my soul. Why did he seem so fascinated with me? Surely I'm not the first woman he had ever met before. I wanted to look away, but for some reason, I simply couldn't.

"I understand you've been through a great deal, your highness," Obi-Wan suddenly said, forcing me to look at him. Phew, at least I didn't have to look at Anakin... yet I could still feel his eyes upon me.

"Oh.. yes, I guess I have," I replied, reliving that horrible moment once more.

"Well rest assured, you are in very safe hands," Obi-Wan smiled, his kind eyes looking into mine.

"I'm sorry, forgive me but who are you?" I asked him. I realised I had actually no idea who these people are, and why they are here.

"My apologies, your highness. Anakin and I are Jedi Generals, we have been assigned by Senator Sarin to protect you."

Jedi. Real Jedi. I had never seen one before, only from the stories that my mother used to tell my brother and I as younglings. They were assigned to protect me? I figured that was Moxie's job, but I guess I stand corrected.

I nod my head silently to Obi-Wan and redirect my eyes back onto my lap, sighing in dismay. I could slightly see Obi-Wan and Anakin exchange glances, possibly deciding how to play this.