28 - He Deserves Better

{Y/N'S POV}

"Ahsoka is missing, do you two have any idea as to where she has gone?" Obi-Wan asked Anakin and I as we awkwardly stood alongside Rex in the doorway. I shift my eyes from Obi-Wan before us and up to Anakin, who seemed strangely calm and collected despite his Master's query.

Do we tell him?

Anakin seemed to react as soon as that thought sprung into my head, his eyebrow twitching before slightly lowering his head to meet my gaze in the corner of his eyes before directing his glance back to Obi-Wan.

"Close the doors, Rex," Anakin commanded shortly at Rex, causing the soldier to immediately usher me away from the door and punching the code into the keypad to trigger the entrance to close shut. Anakin  slowly shuffles closer to me once Rex had moved away an Obi-Wan began to approach us.

"I take it from your secrecy, you know of Ahsoka's current status?" Obi-Wan asks Anakin once more, folding his arms tightly across his chest as his eyes are glued to mine, making me awkwardly direct mine down to the end of my gown grazing the floor gently.

"Listen, Master... we are going to tell you what as happened but this is strictly confidential and stays between the four of us," Anakin stated plainly, raising his eyebrow suspiciously at Obi-Wan as he stared down at me.

"Anakin what do you-"

"Do you or do you not understand?" Anakin snapped, rapidly growing more and more impatient with Obi-Wan as he cuts him off mid-sentence.

"Yes of course... though the Council won't be pleased about. I swear I will keep this strictly classified and won't breathe so much as a word to another soul. Just tell me, where is Ahsoka? Is she ok?" Obi-Wan placed his hand up in front of him as though he was taking a metaphorical oath to keep our information a secret, his eyes growing sad upon the mention of Ahsoka and her uncertain state of wellbeing.

"I'm going to give you the watered-down version of the story to keep things short and so we have more time to act. If you remember back to the Queen's coronation, she was kidnapped and then you found us both in that abandoned Temple near the palace. What you didn't know, was the identity of the attacker, who was actually behind all of the assassination attempts," Anakin began explaining our story to Obi-Wan, who stroked his beard as he listened intently with a great amount of interest.

Furrowing his eyes in confusion, he shot Anakin a look, "But how is that possible? Senator Sarin was already imprisoned at the time of the coronation... how could he have been able to help kidnap the Queen?"

"It turned out that Senator Sarin was never behind the attacks on my life and he was in fact framed as he previously tried to tell us when you arrested him. After I left the ballroom that night, CT-4974 - or Moxie as he would more commonly be known as - drugged me, kidnapped me and then brought me to be held captive in the dungeon of the Temple," I speak up, scratching my forearm uncomfortably as Obi-Wan and Anakin's eyes are both brought down onto me. Anakin seemed to be just as surprised and even a little more angry as I had never actually told him that Moxie was the one behind my abduction.

"Moxie? I would never peg him as a traitor, he was always such an admiral soldier in the 501st," Rex chimed in, sighing in dismay due to the thought of his fallen brother.

"So it was the Clone who was behind all of the assassination attempts?" Obi-Wan asked, his voice signifying how he seemed a little lost in all of this information.

"No, Moxie was simply blinded by his affection for me and also because of how he was being manipulated by my captor, and so he voluntarily partook in the kidnapping. The main offender however was um... It was-" I explained Moxie's motive confidently to Obi-Wan, Anakin and Rex, but then as soon as I was about to move onto Ayzel and his role in all of this, I found a lump appear in my throat and preventing me to speak further. It was just something about openly speaking about my older brother and how he wanted me dead that made me feel nauseous and uneasy inside.