22 - Father

"My father."

I raise my eyebrows at the series of glances and facial expressions being exchanged by Ahsoka and Anakin, as if they were communicating together in their heads.

Which of course, I knew they were.

Ahsoka: Do you think her father could be the answer to all of this?... I mean in terms of her sensitivity.

Anakin: I'm not sure. Maybe he was a part of the Order?

Ahsoka: Well what are we going to do? She never even knew who he was!

I roll my eyes in boredom and clear my throat, snapping both of their attentions towards me.

"You both do know that I can hear everything you're saying, right?" I tell them in an annoyed tone, yet it amused me to see their bewildered faces staring at me, blinking their eyes blankly.

Anakin's cheek suddenly flushed red in embarrassment as he brought his hand to awkwardly scratch the back of his ruffled hair, whilst Ahsoka simply laughed at her own expense.

"Right... I forgot you could do that now. Well what do you propose we do, your majesty?" Anakin said with a smirk tugging on the corners of his mouth as he emphasised on the word 'majesty'. Ahsoka rolls her eyes at his childish nature, which I return a smile to her in response.

"I'm not sure, to be honest. I never knew my father, his name or even a single thing about him... according to my brother, he died a mere few hours after my birth and my mother never once spoke of him again. I don't even know where to look." I sigh, shaking my head in despair as I cast my gaze down to my lap, fingering the blue material of my dress whilst trying not to shiver from the cold in the room - seeing as I had obviously ripped a layer off the back of my dress to warm Anakin beforehand -.

"Surely though, if your mother had enough of an emotional connection with him to have two children together, she can't have possibly got rid of him completely?" Ahsoka stated in a soft voice, standing up and placing a comforting hand upon my right shoulder.

I looked up to Ahsoka's face and gave her a weak smile, "My brother told me that when he was alive, he and my mother had a fractured relationship. He never knew why though; Ayzel was only seven years old when he died... but maybe you're right. Maybe she kept something of him all these years."

I watched Anakin as he pondered his mind for ideas, raising his hand to rest it on his chin, almost looking like Obi-Wan would when he would go to stroke his beard when in thought.

"Well going off this information, where would you suggest to look (y/n)?" he asked me. I stared back down at my lap, trying desperately to clear my mind so I could concentrate on thinking. As I scour my mind for clues, I am brought back to an old memory of my mother reprimanding me for entering her room without permission. Something I had never found suspicious until now.

"Her bedroom was always and strictly off-limits to me and my brother when we were young... And well till now. I think we should at least start there," I say to them both, rising from my seat.

Anakin smirks at me and tried to hoist himself up from the bed, letting out grunts and noises from pain and frustration of moving his body. My first instinct was to go and push him back down so he could rest, but Ahsoka seemed to be one step ahead of me. I saw a look of sadness and hurt spread across her face and in her eyes as she watched him in pain, and I could sense how awful she felt. Just as my legs were about to move to his side, I found Ahsoka already approaching him and gently perching her body on the edge of the mattress. She gave him a reassuring smile, and gently placed a hand on his shoulder to lower his back down onto the bed. My heart aches as I watch Ahsoka's smile fall into a forced one after I see it falter when Anakin squeezed his eyes closed in pain as he lay down.