5 - Let's Get Away

"(y/n), get down!" my brother screams at me, as masked individuals with blasters approach us, firing at us senselessly.

My mother cradles me in her arms as we dive to the floor, my brother firing back at the attackers. Tears run down my cheeks as I fear for my life, squeezing my eyes closed in my mother's embrace. I scream as one of the attackers fire a shot at my brother's arm, making him wince and grasp his arm in pain.

"Ayzel!" I cry, desperately trying to free myself from my mother's grasp. All I wanted to do was run to him, but I couldn't. I see my mother shift glances between me, my brother and the four attackers advancing on us. I could see the wheels in her mind turning, deciding what to do. The tears start to fall faster as my mother pushes me aside and runs at the attackers. They throw a gas canister in front of me and my brother so we couldn't see where she had gone. The smoke erupts before us, and I could no longer see my mother anywhere.

I could see Ayzel stare at the cloud of smoke, his chest heaving up and down. I shake my head violently, realising what his next move was.

"Ayzel, don't. I beg you, don't leave me." I plead to him. Ayzel takes one look at me, staring into my eyes, an expression of pure heartbreak plastered on his face. He looks back into the smoke longingly. "Ayzel, DON'T!"

He doesn't listen. "I'm sorry, (y/n)."

Ayzel takes one last look at me and dashes off into the smoke. I let out a heart-wrenching scream as I watch my brother disappears for the last time. I sat there, alone, sobbing on the cold floor, my hands grasping my head as my body shook uncontrollably from devastation.

Then came the silence.

I stared out into the cloud of white smoke, which did not seem to clear. I sat alone, hoping, wishing, pleading that my brother and mother would miraculously emerge from the mist. That was until I heard two gunshots in the distance. My heart completely snaps in two and I scream yet again.

"NO!"

I woke up in cold sweat, my chest moving rapidly up and down, tears rolling down my cheeks. I frantically sat bolt-upright in my bed and brought my knees to my head, sobbing into them softly. It had been nearly a year since the murder of Ayzel and my mother, yet it still haunts me to this day. They had sacrificed themselves for me and died because of it. Their deaths were my fault, and that will weigh on my shoulders till the day I die.

***

It had been nearly a month since I began disguising as a Jedi, and fortunately it seemed to be working. Anakin has trained me every single day - sometimes with Obi-Wan also - and I had become quite close with Ahsoka, who visited me fairly often. Hiding like this was exhausting, and with the horrific nightmare I had last night, it was beginning to take a toll on me. I needed to get away.

This morning after my breakfast in my room with Ahsoka, I met up with Anakin, an idea in my mind. I sauntered into the room and stood behind Anakin as he spoke with Obi-Wan. I cleared my throat and the two Jedi turned to face me. A smile grew on Anakin's face as he saw me.

"Good morning, Princess. What can we do for you?" Obi-Wan said cheerily.

I took a deep breath, "I need to get away... a break if you will."

Obi-Wan and Anakin raise their eyebrows in amusement at my request. Anakin folds his arms ands looks into my eyes. "And where exactly do you have in mind, your highness?"