19

It was the day after the mall. Iris was in her gaming room on her PC. The ringing of her phone startled her, making her slip her fingers and loose the level she was on. "Dammit! That scared the shit out of me!" She put her headphones around her neck and picked up her phone. "Huh, what could my manager possible want now?" She answered the call, knowing it might be important.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Iris! How are you today?"

"I'm fine, thank you. How about you?"

"I'm doing well. Listen up, I have a special job for you."

"And what might that be?"

"I'll be sending you over to the pre-opening of I-Island tomorrow for a full day modelling gig. You will also be taking part of the reception party to promote  a new line of clothing. I suppose you can make it?"

"Yes, of course!"

"Wonderful! I will send you an email with all the details on your travels! I'm quite busy right now, so I will have to hang up. Bye now!"

"Bye!"

I-Island.

The place where all the students who wish to become scientists dream to study.

The place where the best technology is developed.

The place where revolutionary scientists like David Shield work.

"Holy fucking shit! I'm going to the pre-opening of I-Island!" Iris jumped up and down with joy. This place was a dream come true for a math nerd like her. She couldn't wait to go. So much so, that she even stopped playing her game to open the email and make preparations for her travel, which was a miracle for someone like Iris.

~~~~~

3 am was the time the car picked up up to drop her off at the airport.

This was obviously not a problem for the gaming night owl, Iris. It's like she changed her entire DNA just to from diurnal to nocturnal. A scientific breakthrough. She couldn't have done it without all the sugary drinks, though.

She checked in with her passport through the desk using the VIP line, cutting her waiting time by 90%. The company she worked for always gave her the best of everything, just like all the others. They want them to stay in top shape, ready for a photoshoot, just in case some paparazzi decide to show up. It wasn't so much of the case for Iris. That only happened to super popular models. She was not as know as them, not in the slightest, but she likes her life. It makes up for being alone.

As she stepped on the plane, she was given a warm greeting by all the staff and shown to her seat. Because she didn't sleep much, the chair felt like the perfect bed. It was lights out for Iris as soon as the plane took off.

~~~~~

"Miss Morningstar." An air stewardess lightly caressed Iris' shoulder, gently waking her up. "The flight has ended. Welcome to I-Island!" Iris took her bag and made her way out of the plane.

"Thank you for waking me up~" says Iris, voice still groggy.

"Absolutely no problem! We hope you have a wonderful stay!"

The girl had to ho through another check in with a heavier security verification. She was amazed to the technology, and she wasn't even inside yet. "Thank you for visiting I-Island! There is a transport cart waiting to take you right outside the gates! Have a wonderful stay!"

What's up with the word 'wonderful'? Is it like a curse here or something? Do i get xp if i break the curse?

Just as the receptionist mentioned, there was transportation outside the gates. It brought her all the way to the luxury hotel on the right side of the island.

When she entered her room a note was left for her:

"Miss Morningstar,

Your day will start at 10am, feel free to do whatever you please until then. If you need anything, the front desk will surely help."

Whatever I want, huh? Okay~

She had 5 hours until she shoot. She figured she would take it easy: she would have breakfast at the cute, french-styled cafe that was a minute walk from her hotel. She grabbed two books and her headphones after putting on a tennis skirt and a polo t-shirt, paired with a light shawl, since it was still early morning.

She took an outdoor seat with a menu in hand. The island wasn't fully open yet, so it was more quiet. The sky was painted with warm and cold colours. The sunrise: symbolizing new beginnings. It kind of reminded her of her name. Star of the morning - Morningstar. She took advantage of the calm atmosphere ,after ordering a pastry basket and a morning tea, to but on some music and read.

I wonder when the rest of the girls will be here. I hope I can spend some time with everyone~

Momo had two extra reception party tickets because her family was a sponsor. The girls had recently gambled for them. Jirou and Uraraka won, leaving the other 4 behind. Iris was luck enough to get one of her own, but she didn't inform them yet.

A waiter had come with her warm pastry basket, surrounded by many topping to choose from. She was also given a plate of soufflé pancakes for some reason.

"Uhm, excuse me, but I didn't order this."

"Oh, this is from the chef for being one of our first customers  on the pre-opening of I-Island! Please, enjoy."

"Thank you~"

Sir, you're killing me, but I'm not complaining. This looks good as hell!

Slowly but surely, Iris finished her entire meal. As in the entire thing. You would think that, as a model you would have to eat way less. Well you thought wrong. You are supposed to watch what you eat, not how much you did. Even if the pastries were enveloped in butter, the fruits, tea and jams made up for it.

And the Nutella ruined it.

~~~~~

"Alright Iris, you can go on break for the rest if the day until the reception party. Don't forget to arrive a little earlier with the outfit we gave you. Good work today and good luck for later!" Iris gave her thanks and was off to explore the I-Island in its entirety. She passed by a food truck for a quick bite, since she wasn't that hungry after all the pastries she had.

Finally, the moment she had been waiting for. She walked through the immense halls of crazy inventions, all for the future of hero work. The programming was just exquisite. She couldn't imagine how much patience it took.

I hope I can try something like this one day, I mean, I already made my own holographic computer. I'm probably on the right track.

Walking a little further, she spots Jirou, Uraraka and Momo, who were standing in front of Deku and another older girl next to him. Iris rushed over to her friends.

"Hey guys! I missed you!"

"Iris!" They wrapped their arms around their friend in greeting. Iris turned to Deku.

"Damn, Deku I didn't know you were a player~"

"It's not what you think! Really, it's not!"

Iris teased him, winking "Sure, it's not~" The girl with glasses stepped up, trying to take control of the situation for poor Deku.

"Why don't we all visit a café?"

~~~~~