𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 , forgetting hope mikaelson

❝  there's always a loophole  

❝  there's always a loophole  ❞

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Silence.

She didn't realize how loud silence truly was. It was cold, dark, and scary. Just like the cool breeze surrounding her body. The bright sun shined in her face as she opens her eyes, abruptly sitting up. Her long black hair sways back and forth as she looks around. The crown molding, the satin black sheets, the painting signed by Klaus Mikaelson. Katherine Valentine knew where she was.

Her home.

Katherine was surprised to say the least. She hadn't seen her old room from when she first moved to Mystic Falls since she moved away for a handful of years ago. She slowly stood out of bed, looking at her clothes. They were the same, she noticed. She had asked Jeremy Gilbert to never touch her room, out of respect for all of her families things that she made sure to take when she left New Orleans. Katherine warily turns, looking around. "What the hell is going on?" She asks herself. The room wasn't dusty or old, like it should have been. She frowns, slowly descending down the hall. Katherine looks around suspiciously, unsure of where she is, how she got there, or even what day it is. "There's gotta be something out here." She mumbles, hoping to find a computer or something.

Surely enough, when Katherine enters the living room, her old computer laid there on the couch cushion. The computer felt obsolete to her now. But as she reaches towards it, she gets a strange feeling something bad is happening. She was supposed to be dead. She is dead, right?

Katherine wasn't so sure.

So, Katherine slowly opens the computer, looking at the date in the corner of the screen.

2018.

"Oh, you have got to be kidding me," She mumbles, realizing exactly where she is. "Who the hell put me here?"

The Prison World, more specifically the Prison World that Kai Parker was located in. Her ex boyfriend.

"Now, how the hell do I get out?" She mumbles, thinking to herself.

She vamp speeds to the front door, realizing she doesn't have her ring. Suddenly, she realizes she isn't burning. "Okay, what is going on?" She asks aloud. Katherine looks around, furrowing her brows in confusion. She has vamp speed, but she doesn't burn. Turning her head, she looks at herself in the mirror. She walks over slowly, gripping her fist tightly. She looked different, her skin more warm than before. Her hair was longer, down past her shoulder blades unlike before. She looked younger, almost like she did when she was a witch. She decides to test herself. With a swift swing, she punches the mirror, blood spewing from her hand. She hisses in pain, looking down. The cuts slowly heal, and she sighs in relief. Something was off, that she could tell. Her hands shake as she looks around, her eyes landing on a singular plate on a table. Her fingers twitch, as if they're itching with something she hadn't done in years. Sucking in a heavy breath, she raises her hand. The plate shakes slowly, rising off the table. Katherine gasps in shock, before completely swinging her hand, letting the plate smash into the wall. "Oh my god," She breathes, realizing she had her magic back, and some vampire abilities.

Was she a witch with vampire speed and healing? Or was she a vampire with magic? She had no idea, but all she cared about right now as getting out of hell before he found her. She looks around, thinking of ways she could leave. She thinks of doors, theres always a door.

Realization crossed her features, her black hair swaying back and forth as she looks at the front door. "Malivore." She whispers.

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

The hot weather in Georgia causes Katherine to groan as she slowly climbs out of her old 2018 Audi S3. She looks around as she stands in the field. Smiling softly, she looks up at the sky. "Well, Mom, how do you feel? I cheated your damn curse!" She shouts, laughing softly. She had changed into a pair of leather pants and a white blouse, though she nearly considered wearing a blue summer dress. Maybe she was human again, she realized. Parts of her old self had returned, including her heartbeat and her powers. Smiling softly, Katherine vamp speeds to the building.

She breaks inside, surely enough finding the Malivore pit, just as Hope had expected it's location to be. The black tar bubbles up at her, as if waiting for her to jump in. "Well, if anyone is going to jump into a pit of black goo, it's me." She grumbles.

On the other side of the Malivore pit, Hope Mikaelson and Ryan Clarke are going head to head. "You don't have to do this." Clarke says. Hope looks up at him, remembering him and his company being the reason why so many terrible things happened. Like Katherine dying.

It was all his fault.

"I know." She retorts. "But it's the only part I'm actually enjoying." The pit begins to rapidly bubble, but the two of them are too busy with each other. Hope puts her foot on the bar, as does Clarke at the same time due to the mimic spell. The two grab each others throats. "Too bad you're so clumsy." Just as she tilts over, looking down at the pit, Hope sees a body slowly come out of the tar. The body is quick as it climbs out. Hope watches as the figure uses magic to rid the tar on its body. Each droplet uncovering the face of someone Hope had missed so dearly. Hopes eyes widen in shock, "Katherine?"

Katherine looks up, kneeling down on the ground. Her eyes are wide as she shoots her hand out, "Hope, no!" She yells, but its too late. In mere moments, Katherine watches the girl she spent her life protecting fall into the black pit. Katherines head spins as memories are wiped just as Hope knew they would be. Katherine slowly turns her head, seeing a dead Landon, his body covered in solid ash. She breathes heavily, standing up.

Landon, as if on cue, comes back to life with a jolt. He looks up, seeing the girl who looks slightly different than she did only a while back. Her hair was longer, her flesh had more color, and her eyes had more life. Landon's eyes widen, "Katherine?" He whispers, looking up at her in shock. The sound of a phone ringing causes them both to look over. He grabs it quickly, "Dr. Saltzman?"

"Landon. I'm on my way." Katherine smiles softly at the sound of her old friends voice.

Landon nods, "Okay. Uh... I don't, I don't really know what happened,"

Alaric chuckles, "Yeah, well, that makes two of us. I just found a note that you'd need me." He explains.

The Kirby looks up at Katherine, who smirks softly, "I guess we do." He says.

Alaric pauses. "Who's we?" He asks the teenage boy. Landon looks up at Katherine, slowly handing her the phone. The Valentine slowly takes it from him, pressing the phone to her ear.

"Did you really think you could get rid of me that easily?"

The Saltzmans entire heart dropped to his stomach. His breath escapes his lungs as he leans against his car. "Katherine Valentine." He whispers, a smile on his face.

"Hey, Ric," She whispers. Landon stands up, smiling wide as he looks at the vampire. She puts the phone on speaker, sighing. "Uh, who left you the note Landon was here?" She asks him.

"I have no idea." Alaric admits, thinking back to the fire he was at just moments ago. "I'll be there as soon as I can, you two just stay put."

Katherine hangs up the phone, tossing it to the Kirby. She turns around, looking at the pit of tar she came from moments ago. "What just happened?" She asks, not remembering what happened after she escaped.

Landon comes from behind her, looking down at the empty hole that once contained the supernatural portal. "I don't remember." He admits, looking up at Katherine with confusion on his face. Katherine let out a breath she didn't know she was holding, pulling the boy in for a hug.

Neither of them could remember the Mikaelson girl, but either way, they were happy they were alive.