𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒗𝒆 , maple hollows

❝  there's a mummy on main street  

❝  there's a mummy on main street  ❞

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Snores escaped Katherine's mouth as she slept soundly. She dreamt of a simpler time, it felt so long ago, but it was only a decade and a half ago when she arrived to Mystic Falls in search for her long lost cousin, Aaron. Of course, he was dead. He had been for months and she had no idea. That, and the man who killed him was dead. Damon. She wasnt mad though, instead she befriended Elena Gilbert and Tyler Lockwood, attending Whitmore College.

Katherines phone begins to ring, pulling her out of her slumber. Groaning, she clicks the green button. "What does thou need?"

"I tried calling Emma." Alaric says suddenly, catching Katherine off guard. "I just wanted to leave a message and say I'm sorry. None of this would've happened if it wasn't for that slug mixing everything up."

Frowning, Katherine sits up. "Alaric, where are you?" She asks him. It was late, he could have left quickly after the talent show.

"I hate that urn. So I'm just gonna get rid of it."

"Ric, where are you!?" Katherine vamp speeds to her dresser, putting on tight black pants and a white long sleeve top, and a designer belt. She dressed quickly, and was out of her door in less than a minute with her vamp speed.

Ric said nothing for a moment. "The river."

Sighing, she walks into his office to see Emma and Dorian. "I'm coming to get you. If you move, I'll take your kneecaps." Hanging up, she looks at the two. "What?"

"Is he okay?" Emma blurts, looking over at Katherine.

"He's slug drunk, but I can get to him soon. Can you two handle the school on your own for an hour?" She asks, packing her purse with a taser.

Emma nods, "Yeah, of course, Kat." The vampire nods, rushing out the door without another word.

The air was cold and brisk as Alaric sat on the bridge, leaning against the side. He was slug drunk, and he knew it, but he didn't care. He felt useless, like he had failed his daughters, his friends, his wife. How could he protect them all when he can barely protect himself? He turned his head, looking at the river below him.

Would it be so bad? If he just-

"Ric!"

He turned his head, Katherine standing before him. He remembered the first day he ever met her. She had walked into his Occult Class at Whitmore. She caught the attention of nearly everyone there, especially Tyler Lockwood. She had this natural confidence, and nobody knew who she was. Alaric remembers her introduction to the class. My name is Katherine, and I really love to drink with her classic smirk. He looked at her now. She was a grown woman, who he forced to attend the school as a student. He wondered if it was his best choice, and maybe it wasn't. He wondered about the idea of having her become a staff member from now on. Teach a class, maybe. Be a counselor with Emma, he didn't know. Maybe she could fill in Carolines spot in the school for now.