𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 , stallions uniform

you remind me of
someone i used to know

❝ you remind me of someone i used to know ❞

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"As you are well aware it's time for the annual American football match with Mystic Falls High." Students groan at the news. Katherine Valentine stands next to Headmaster Vardemus's side, wearing a Stallions shirt tucked into a navy blue skirt. "Today, you will not be forced to lose a game so that humans can feel superior. Every one of you is special. Every one of you. And it's time you showed it." The room erupts in claps while Josie looks around, confused.

Josie stands up abruptly. "How?" Asks the brunette.

Vardemus glances at the siphoner, holding a football. "By using your powers in moderation, Ms. Saltzman. The goal is not exposure, merely to win." He explains. "Think of it as an exercise in control."

"Well, I am here for it." Kaleb chaos as he stands up "After last year, it'll feel really good to show those Timberwolves what we're all about."

Students rumble in agreement as Vardemus nods. He steps out of the way, letting Katherine approaches the podium. "And who better to lead you in this endeavor, as your quarterback, than our own Landon Kirby?" Josie looks back at Landon. Landon, confused, looks around shocked when he gets smacked by the football Vardemus was holding. Katherine giggles, sending a wink Landon's way.

When the assembly ended, Landon approached the girl quickly. "Are you playing today?" He asks, looking at her.

Katherine tilts her head in thought. "Actually, I'm going to be on the sidelines, cheering you on." Landon raises a confused brow. "I'm going to be a cheerleader, Landon."

"Oh!" He says, his face reddening as he thinks of Katherine in a cheer uniform.

"But, if I'm needed, I'll hop in as soon as possible." She says, kissing him quick. Landon chuckles lowly, rubbing the back of his neck.

Josie walks over, a shocked look on her face. "You're going to have to do really good today." She says to the Kirby. "Or Katherine will probably destroy you."

Landon sheepishly nods. "Yeah, I know." He mumbles.

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

"Yellow 80. Yellow 80-" Landon grunts as Katherine tosses the ball, hitting him in the gut. "Sorry. Foster care didn't have a football team." Katherine raised a brow as Landon walked over to her. "What did I tell you? I'm a total fraud. Now the whole school's gonna see it, and this is a total disaster."

"And like I told you ten minutes ago, everything is going to be fine. We're gonna get through this." Katherine reassures him. At this moment, she wore sweatpants and a zip up over her cheer uniform, deciding to keep Landon wondering for the time being.