𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 , envious hearts

❝  this year will be different. 

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Katherine sits on the couch in the Headmaster's office, sipping my daily mug of coffee as Professor Vardemus walks in with Dorian. "Well, this simply won't do." He hums to himself. The Valentine narrows her eyes at him. "Phantamogriphia Decorum." The entire room changes, the walls now a shade of green, and the furniture now expensive leather. "Simple illusion spell, but appearances can be important, don't you think, Mr. Williams? Ms. Valentine?"

The vampire witch stands up, wearing a short tight black plaid skirt with a black top tucked in. "Couldn't agree more." She mutters, sipping on her coffee again.

"The faculty are waiting to meet you, Professor Vardemus." Dorian says calmly, trying to be nicer thant Katherine was being.

Vardemus laughed, looking between the librarian and the Valentine. "Please. Call me Headmaster." He crooned. Katherine felt like rolling her eyes, but gave her fakest smile. She exited the room quickly, strutting down the hall.

Katherine carried herself with excellence. After her death, the school felt like they deserved to treat her better than before. It was like the food chain of the Salvatore school had heightened, and once again, Katherine was above them all. Except this time around, she had a new focus.

Landon.

The Kirby awkwardly walked into the main room, glancing at a witch. The witch girl smirked, waving her hand in the air. "Hey..." The unfamiliar brunette witch trailed with a magical message. Landon raised a brow, not sure what to do. His eyes widened in surprise when he sees Katherine waltz in. Classmates stared in awe as she strutted towards him. Her eyes land on the witch, as well as Landon, and the boy could feel the aggressive tension rise as she approached. He opened his mouth to warn her, but the look on Katherine's face told him it'd be best to watch the show instead.

The witch didn't seem to notice Katherine waltzing over, as she was more focused on the Phoenix. Katherine raised a brow, and Landon half expected her to blow up the witches head. However, to classmates and even Landon's surprise, she walked right past the brunette. "Hey," The Valentine says to Landon, her voice soft and seductive. Landon smiles, surprised when Katherine loops her arms around him, and pulls him in for a passionate, long kiss. The brunette witch scoffs, walking away from the couple as Landon grabs onto Katherine's waist.

He pulls away, exhaling sharply. "Wow." He breathed, not expecting any of that to occur.

"Welcome to the world of popularity, bird boy." Katherine coos, cupping his cheek. She tilted her head in thought. "Are you still taking me to dinner tonight?"

Landon nods quickly. "Wouldn't miss it." He told her, kissing Katherine again. The Valentine giggles as she pulls away. "Are you heading to class?"