𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 , diamonds are a girls best friend

❝  we're gonna need a spotlight  

❝  we're gonna need a spotlight  ❞

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Students piled up in the auditorium for the talent show, their opening act preparing to begin. Vampires were performing first, then the wolves, then the witches. But even before that, Katherine had a opening show.

Curtains lifted, and Katherine stood at the top of red stairs. Men wore suits, all of them from different factions. She had her hair much like Marilyn Monroe's, the inspiration for the evening. But instead of her dress and gloves being bright pink, Katherine's dress was black, giving it a more darker look. She raised her hand, waving it and suddenly the boys all fall to the ground. "The French are glad to die for love. They delight in fighting duels." Her hands clasp together, placed over her heart as she begins to walk down the red steps. She makes a surprised face, hugging her body. "But I prefer a man who lives, and gives expensive jewels." The boys all spring to their feet, surrounding her as she moves her hip to the beat. "A kiss on the hand, may be quite continental. But diamonds are a girl's best friend." She moves along the stairs, continuing almost the same dance as Monroe. "A kiss may be grand. But it won't pay the rental on your humble flat. Or help you at the automat!" She descends down the stairs, smiling wide as the boys still move along with her. "Men grow cold, as girls grow old. And we all lose our charms in the end." Students giggle as she does a little dance move. "But square-cut or pear-shaped, these rocks don't loose their shape. Diamonds are a girl's best friend!"

Suddenly her and the boys begin doing a dance more complicated than the original. Classmates are even thoroughly surprised she can do anything in the dress. She leans onto a werewolf. "Tiffany!" A vampire lifts her feet, another person or two coming under to help them lift her up. They spin her slowly, the others still doing the dance. Suddenly, they seem to flip her in the air, catching her as she faces the crowd. "Cartier." They set her down, the boys lining up to the edge of the stage. She begins to walk down the line, each boy pretending to faint as she walks by. "Black Starr, Frost Gorham. Talk to me Harry Winston. Tell me all about it." The boys begin doing more dancing, Katherine doing it also. She grabs onto a vampire, the two of them doing a bit of the tango as they dance around the others. The two stop at a group of boys who have formed a chair for her with their arms. "Time rolls on, and youth is gone, and you can't straighten up when you bend." A few of the boys stand, the vampire still sitting in their arms. "But stiff back, or stiff knees, you stand straight at-" She throws her hands up, staring at the ceiling. A spotlight shines down on her. "Tiffany's." The boys set her on the ground, and she does a spin, holding out her arms as she grazes along. "Diamonds!" She clasps her hand over her chest as the boys do their dance, singing Diamonds as well. "Diamonds!" She walks over to Penelope, who sits on the side of the stage, holding a jewelry prop. "I don't mean rhinestones!" She sings, throwing the prop towards Josie a few feet away. "But diamonds are a girls best," Two boys lift her by her arms, carrying her to the top of the stairs. The boys circle around her again, holding jewelry props as she smiles wide. "Best friend!" The curtain begins to close as the crowd cheers.