𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓 , seeing double

❝  it will all be painfully clear soon enough

❝  it will all be painfully clear soon enough  ❞

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Usually in the world of Katherine Valentine, everyone would assume the vampire with new witch abilities had everything figured out. Even if she didn't, that's what they all thought. But now, with everyone remembering the epic love of Hope and Landon, and the still pending result of Katherine and Landon, everyone knew Katherine did not have anything figured out.

Katherine smiled as she said goodbye to Pedro, leading him out of her office. Her eyes stopped upon Landon, who walked down the hall beside Rafael. She clenched her jaw tightly, looking away quickly before stepping back into her office. MG stood in the office awkwardly. "She hates me,"

"Lizzie thinks she hates you," Katherine corrects, wearing a black leather skirt and a red blouse followed by black thigh-high boots. She flipped her hair over her shoulder as she walked back to her desk. "Give her time to think about it. She thinks you and Sebastian manipulated her. Granted, Sebastian totally did, but that's aside the point."

MG sighs, throwing his hands to the side. "What am I supposed to do until then? Wait around?"

"Um, yes," Katherine deadpanned. MG rolled his eyes as Kennedy opened up a file. "Look, I have a set of kids that need help with a project in the gardens. I'll get you extra credit and it'll keep you away from Lizzie. Sound like a plan?" MG looked at the paper Katherine held out. Pursing his lips, MG reached over to take it from her grip. Katherine smiled kindly, watching MG step out of her office.

Katherine's phone began to ring, which she quickly answered, "Salvatore Boarding School,"

"Hey, Kat," Alaric's voice said through the line.

"Why, hello, Ricky Saltzman. What a pleasant surprise," The girl hums as she looks at her textbook for her class of the day. "What can I do for you?"

Alaric sighed as he leaned onto his desk. "I actually wanted to ask what I can do for you," He began. Katherine sighed into the phone. "Kat, it's a lot to process, I can understand you struggling with your emotions," Alaric said.

However, the Valentine cut him off, "Look, Ric, I'm fine. Okay? I am handling everything just fine," As Katherine slammed the phone down to hang up, a vase flew off a shelf, as a lamp tumbled off her desk, a painting fell off the wall, and a chair flipped over. Katherine looked around, blinking. "I'm fine!"

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

Josie Saltzman wanted to fix problems. Sometimes, she wanted to fix people. People like Katherine Valentine, whose feelings for Josie were apparently not there, but Josie couldn't say the same.