𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 , peace in storms

❝  i'll never give up hope  

❝  i'll never give up hope  ❞

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Landon Kirby sits in his bedroom at the Salvatore School, plucking at his guitar strings as classmates leave for the summer. He hummed a note, his voice shaky and pitchy. "I think we need to get you a vocal coach,"

The teenage boy perks his head up to see Katherine Valentine, who wore a tight short skirt and a white blouse. Gulping, Landon places his guitar down. "Hey," He stutters, looking at the girl as she leans against the door frame. "I thought you'd go to New Orleans or something,"

Katherine chuckles, walking into the room. "Sorry, but now that I'm the new Teachers Assistant , Intern, Counselor, and still taking a few classes, I kinda have no choice but to stick around. For the new enrollments, and stuff." Katherine looks around the room, looking at the boxes of Rafael's things. "So, I'm guessing we're keeping these packed up until we figure out why the hell Raf can't turn back?" Katherine turns her head, glancing at the Phoenix.

"Uh, yeah," Landon mutters, standing up to close one of the boxes. "I don't know what to do with them until then, so." Katherine hums, nodding slowly as she turns her head to look at the room entirely. Landon couldn't help but remember the way he felt about the Valentine his first day. He was completely terrified of her, but he remembers being intrigued by her presence, similar to now. "So, are you still a vampire?" He asks, knowing that something strange was up with the girl.

Katherine purses her lips, looking at him before the ground. "I don't know." She mumbles. Katherine sits on what was once Rafael's bed, resting her hands in her lap. Landon furrows his brow, sitting down next to the Valentine. "I mean, I have the strength, I heal, I have the speed. But I don't burn in the sun, and I have magic again. I can eat real food, and I only need blood every week or two." She chuckles, looking at Landon. "I'm, something in between, I guess." She can't help but smile at the idea.

Landon nods, "Well, welcome to the club of Other supernaturals, then. Population of 2." The two bust out into giggles, both of them feeling relief for a moment. Landon looks down, remembering the feeling of, dare he say it, love. He felt weird, like he didn't know who he felt that feeling for. It wasn't a family like love, like he had for Raf. It was romantic, and insanely intense, at that. As he looks at Katherine, he realizes maybe it was Katherine he felt that feeling for, and she's had no idea this entire time.

"So, Josie's staying in Mystic Falls," Katherine says, leaning over.

"Yeah?" Landon quirks a brow, "She needs a break from Lizzie." Katherine scoffs, nodding in agreement. "Are you two-?"

Katherine raises a brow, "Me and Josie?" Landon nods slowly, causing her to laugh. "Sorry, I don't think she and I could move past everything that happened." Katherine's smile falters for just a moment, and Landon realizes that there was something more going on with Katherine. She had gone through a lot in the last year. Her mom, the revelation of monsters, dying. He watched as she looked down at her shoes, fiddling with her fingers.