𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆 , nightmares

❝  what was hope doing in your dreams?  

❝  what was hope doing in your dreams?  ❞

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Alaric Saltzman sighs as Katherine inspects their new artifact for unlocking the key to Malivore. Hope had been notified Landon was in danger, and she and Dr. Saltzman went off to save him whilst Katherine held down the fort at the Salvatore School. "It's kind of ugly." She says finally.

Alaric rolls his eyes playfully. "I didn't say you'd like it, I was just explaining how it's glowing." Katherine nods, watching the urn glow a red-orange color.

Hope walks in, "I'll take it," She says. Katherine rolls her eyes at the Mikaelson, handing it over. "I'm going to go hide it and then I'll be back."

Katherine turns in her chair to watch Hope storm off. "She's awfully grumpy." She jokes.

"She's had a rough few days." Alaric mumbles.

"Havent we all?" Katherine adds. She wore a black and white houndstooth patterned skirt with a black long sleeve tucked in. She had a glass of bourbon in her hand, which rested on her lap. "So, Damon and I are on talking basis now."

Alaric looks at her. "Really? And you didn't kill him?" He asks.

Katherine clicks her tongue. "Nope. He's even having Elena give me extra blood bags when they have them." She explains. "Not as good as the fresh stuff, but Matt is getting stiff about me eating his residents, so I have to lighten up a bit."

"No casualties, Katherine. That's the rules."

"And I'm following your stupid rules." She pouts. She sighs. She remains silent for a moment. "What's your favorite snow-cone flavor?" Before Alaric can answer, Hope walks in with a pile of books. "Reading time, my favorite," Katherine says sarcastically.

The three get to reading, looking for some type of answers. "How long do you think it'll be before the next monster shows up?" Hope asks. Katherine glances at her phone, it was nearly two in the morning. Not that she needed the sleep, though.

Alaric shrugs. "It's hard to say. I've never actually seen an artifact glow before." He says. "Where did you hide the urn, by the way?"

"I'm not sure I should tell you."

Katherine snickers as Alaric raises a brow. "Excuse me?"

"Isn't it safer if only one of us knows where it is?" Hope asks.

Alaric counters, "Then that one of us should be the adult."