𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 , the revelation

theres a mummy on main street

❝  theres a mummy on main street  ❞

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Katherine walks back to Alaric. "I have nothing." She explains. "I haven't heard anything overly suspicious, except that they are going to the dam."

"Dammit." Alaric hisses. "I have Kaleb using his powers now," He tells her. Katherine raises a brow. "Desperate times."

"Hi, there." The two turn their heads to see the man Alaric and Hope had met before.

Alaric clears his throat. "Hello." He says shortly.

"I'm Deputy Agent Clarke. I apologize for the inconvenience." Clarke peers down at his clipboard. "I see you're from Richmond?"

Alaric chuckles. "Uh, Roanoke." He corrects.

"I'm just checking in with everyone. Sooner we get everyone proper medical attention, sooner you can go see that giant ball of yarn." The two groan men laugh, and Katherine just looks between the two.

"Well, we, uh, don't need any attention, but thank you." Alaric says, pushing Katherine to walk away.

However, Clarke speaks up. "So you came in from Raleigh on a road trip with your family?" He asks.

Katherine glares at him. "It's Roanoke." She snaps.

"Roanoke." Clarke repeats, a fake grin on his face. "Sorry." Katherine says nothing, rolling her eyes. "You ever been to Kansas?"

Alaric's smile falters for a moment. Katherine tilts her head. "They were picking me up from rehab." She says shortly. "Meth addict, its hard stuff."

Clarke looks at her for a long moment, saying nothing. "So if there's nothing else," Alaric begins, but of course, Clarke speaks up.

"Actually, uh, I was hoping we could talk privately. You two and your daughter, uh, Jessica, was it?" He hums.

Alaric shakes his head. "I don't think we have anything more to discuss."

"I could think of a few things." Clarke nods. "Mystic Falls, maybe? Or perhaps your school for supernatural children." Katherine narrows her eyes.

Alaric stares at him for a long moment. "Katherine, go get Jessica." He hums.

Katherine glares at Clarke, turning and walking towards Hope. "Hope, come on."

"What about us?" Lizzie asks.

Katherine shakes her head. "Stay here, keep an eye on Josie's boil." She says finally as Hope walks over. The twins roll their eyes, while the other two girls follow Alaric and Clarke outside of the tent. "So, do you want to tell us who you are? Or am I gonna have to rip your fingers off?" Katherine asks.