𝒕𝒆𝒏 , this is going to be fun

❝  we're gonna need a spotlight  

❝  we're gonna need a spotlight  ❞

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Flawless.

The only correct way to describe Katherine Valentine.

She sits at her vanity, getting ready for the day as her friend Penelope walks in. "Don't you look all pretty and stuff." The witch teases. Katherine says nothing, adjusting her new red blouse. "So, are you participating in the talent show?" Penelope asks.

Katherine sighs, looking at her self in the mirror. Penelope placed her hands on the back of the girls chair. "No, it's too...boring. No murder or sex. I'll save all of that for the after party." She says bluntly. Penelope is caught off guard, watching Katherine stand up and walk to a different part of her room.

"Really? Who's the lucky person?" Penelope asks. "For the, um, sex part. Not the murdering." She clarifies.

Katherine hums, turning slowly. "Do you recall a pretty brunette siphoner? She's sweet, caring, and, as you called her, naive?" Penelope's face falls as she realizes what Katherine is saying. "Don't worry, it's already happened, and I didn't eat her."

"You had sex with Josie!?" Snaps Penelope.

"And? She liked it, I liked it. It was completely mutual." Katherine shrugs. Penelope noticed something different in the dark haired girl. She was colder than usual.

"She's my ex, Katherine."

The vampire pouts. "Oops." She giggles. Katherine walks close to Penelope's face, observing the witches features. "My bad." Penelope Park watches as the vampire walks out of the room, leaving her alone.

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

Katherine walked into the lounge room, and Josie Saltzman is the first to see her. The Saltzman twins have finally returned from their trip, and to say Josie's heart fluttered when she saw Katherine was an understatement.

"Kat," Landon says, looking up at the latina. "What are you doing?"

"Just coming to socialize with my favorite newbies." She stands next to Josie, the two girls touching shoulders. "So, is everyone as excited about tonight?" Katherine could hear Josie's heart quicken. The witch didn't know what the vampire was thinking, how she felt. It was Katherine Valentine, a force nobody could ever predict.

Landon frowns. "What's happening tonight?"

Hope laughs, looking over. "The school's annual talent show. All the factions compete." Hope turns her head. "You know, the witch performance wouldn't be the same without you two." She says to the Saltzman twins. Josie and Lizzie are shocked by Hope's friendliness, and so is Katherine. Josie chirps a thank you, and looks over at Katherine. Of course, the vampires features are unreadable until the chime for the announcements came on.

"If I could have your attention. Last night we were able to capture a monster here on the grounds. We have everything under control. But given this potential danger, it is with a heavy heart that I must postpone the talent show." Students begin to groan in annoyance, and Katherine smirked. "Hopefully, we'll be able to reschedule this, unique event, at a later date. A much, much later date."

Josie and Lizzie turn to each other, distraught. "Awkward." Katherine hums.

"Kind of overkill if you ask me." Hope says. "I told your dad that a unicorn barely counts as a monster."

Katherine laughs. "Cute, I want one." She says lowly.

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

"Vampires, werewolves, dragons." Alaric Saltzman chuckles. "I mean, I have faced terrifying danger in my life." He says, thinking over Katherine Pierce, Kai Parker, the Mikaelsons, dying, and then monsters. "But there's only one day in my calendar marked with a black X. One day, I fear above all others. Because if I have to hear somebody sing how many minutes there are in a year one more time, I'm gonna throw myself to the unicorn." He lays on Katherines bed as she sits at her vanity again, leaning her elbow on it and listening closely.

She sighs. "Well, if you do, can I be the next headmaster?" She asks.

Alaric looks over. "No, Petrova 2.O" He snickers. Katherine laughs.

"I'm not that bad!" She replies, throwing a lipstick at him.

Alaric chuckles, sitting up. "You're right, you at least usually end up on the right side of every fight." Katherine nods, saluting him. "So, when the girls came back, Josie was asking how you were doing, any idea why?"

Katherine looks away from him, eyes wide with a nervous smile. She looks back, her face now with a smirk. "Ric, you can't get mad, but your daughter and I have gotten...close recently." Alaric's eyes widen, his face scrunched up in disturbance. "You asked!"

"Katherine, that's my daughter! If you stayed with Kai she would've been your niece!"

"Don't make it weird. It was a one time thing." Katherine shrugs.

Alaric raises a brow. "Does she know that?" Katherine sends him a look, practically asking him if he thinks she cares. "Kat, you can't go around manipulating the students, especially not my daughter." He says to the Vampire.

She laughs. "I've been doing it for 17 years, Ric. At least I have my humanity on." She shrugs. Alaric continues to send her a scolding look, and Katherine sighs. "I'm sorry, okay? What do you want me to do about it? It already happened!" Katherine defends.

"Don't lead her on, or anybody on for that matter." He says to her. "Just because you've given up on love doesn't mean you have to break innocent peoples hearts." He stands up, "I have to go talk to Emma." He says finally before walking out. Katherine sighs, turning back to the vanity and placing something down.

Only a few moments later, Rafael walks in. "Hey." He says. Katherine says nothing, waiting for him to talk. "Do you remember when I said I was having the weird dreams when the Night demon was here?"

"The ones about your old foster dad."

Rafael clears his throat, nodding. "It wasn't just my foster dad. It was you too." Katherine frowns, turning to face the werewolf. "I know you were planning on getting with Landon, and then Josie, but every time I see you I can't stop thinking about how powerful you are, and how every guy and girl who's ever got a chance with you are so incredibly lucky." Katherine raises a brow, shocked by his boldness.

Katherine looks him up and down, standing up and vamp speeding towards him, shoving him into the wall. A hanging picture frame tumbled off, the vampire staring him down. "This is going to be fun." She smirks before locking lips with the werewolf.

NATALIA'S NOTES
━━━━༺❀༻━━━━

well that took a twist.

a lot of you might not like where katherines going, but you have to understand shes dying, she cares even less about people than she would if she was alive.

so, i'm sorry to anyone's whos not pleased with katherines choices, but honestly i had planned on her sleeping with landon and it simply never happened.

anywhore, i don't even plan on katherine having a specific end game in this book, as the ending to the story IS happening soon. i just have to have the motivation.

question of the day for ya;

do you think they will find the cure for katherines curse? or is she gonna die?