𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓 , arachniphobia

❝  hope is not the goal  

❝  hope is not the goal  ❞

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

The Valentine vampire sits in a chair in the foyer of the Salvatore School. Her short solid navy skirt high on her thighs as her legs hang over the arm of the chair. Milton Greasely walks by, "Hey, Katherine. Do you have a sec?"

The girl glances up from the book in her lap, before looking back down. "You have thirty seconds," She said.

MG cleared his throat, sitting on the chair next to her. "Well, uh, when we were picking up trash the other day, I walked onto the bus and I saw-"

"Don't tell me you saw Connor and Dana hooking up."

The younger vampire frowns. "Uh, no." MG hesitated. "I, um, I saw Kaleb, feeding on Dana." He whispers the last part, so only Katherine can hear.

Katherine looks up, slamming her book shut. "You're joking, right?" She hissed. MG shook his head, causing her to cuss under her breath. "One flaw at this school? You idiot's don't know how to handle yourselves." She retorts. Standing up, she begins to walk away, her black heels clicking on the wooden floors.

"Uh, where are we going?" Asks MG, tagging along close behind.

"Assembly time."

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

"Given our recent influx of monsters, Sheriff Donovan and I have decided we need to take drastic action. Please give him your full attention."

Alaric Saltzman pulls away from the podium, letting Matt Donovan step forward. "Like Dr. Saltzman was saying, local girls Dana Lilien and Sasha Stoteraux didn't come home last night." Katherine, who sat in front of Hope, turned her head to make eye contact with MG. MG gave Kaleb a side eye, and Katherine simply turned back to the front. "Dana sometimes skips town for a few days to party, but this is a first for Sasha." Matt follows. The Sheriff makes eye contact with the vampire, who squints her eyes at him.

"Thank you, Sheriff Donovan." Says Dr. Saltzman. Matt began to move to the side of the room, causing Katherine to stand up slowly, following him. "Now while the knife is away with Dorian and things are quiet on his end, it won't hurt to assume the worst. If Dana and Sasha..."

Katherine approached the sheriff. "Are you done looking at me like that or are we going to keep up the Sheriff-Student charade?" She spats.

Matt shifts his weight awkwardly. "Katherine, I'm asking this out of concerns for my town, did you-"

"Kill Dana and Sasha?" She cuts him off. Matt sighs. "No, you bonehead. You know better than anyone that I don't kill my food supply." She reaches her hand up, grazing his neck. Matt slaps her away, and she pouts. "What? I've kept my end of the deal, just like you've kept yours."