A Year Later...

Noctis

"Kilo!" I hear Tobias shout to me.

We are currently in Iraq, tracking down some werewolves that killed a bunch of our troops. Tobias and I are the only ones that know what we are hunting. Tobias and I have become really good friends in the time we have been on tour together.

"What is it, Branch?" I shout back.

"It's Carson, I can't find him!" He yells as he runs up to me.

"Where the hell could he have gone in the hour since we last saw him?" I wonder.

"I think I have an idea," Tobias replies in an annoyed tone.

I roll my eyes, "That twat needs to keep it in his pants."

"I agree with ya sister," Tobias sighs.

Carson tends to sleep with anything and everything that moves meaning he tends to go a-wall every so often.

"Lieutenant Kilo, come in," my radio goes off.

"This is Lieutenant Kilo," I reply.

"We are in the middle of an attack in the south-east woods. The attackers are....wolves?"

"We are on our way. Try to climb the trees and hide until we get there." I turn to Tobias, "Ready for a fight?"

He nods and we gather Nio and Ren to come with us since Carson is god knows where. We hop in our jeep and race off towards the south-east boarder of the woods. I turn off the engine and we all run into the woods. Nio and Ren have their guns out while Tobias and I are ready to kill these wolves in hand to hand combat.

When we get there, we see a massacre. There are ten soldiers down and I can't pick up on a heartbeat from any other them. I do hear two heartbeats in the trees and then I see the five rogues looking at us like we are fresh meat. They sniff the air and tense when they realize Tobias and I are wolves as well. We are both technically rogues now. When I was on my way to Iraq, I cut off my pack link which made me a rogue and Tobias was born a rogue. He joined the army to help support his mate and daughter at home.

"Leave," I demand, giving them one chance to back down.

They all snarl and start attacking, signing their death sentence. Nio and Ren shoot two wolves between the eyes which will kill them, but it isn't instant. The continue running to the two privates and I kill a rogue that was charging at me before taking out the two heading towards Ren and Nio. Tobias took out the other two wolves and he turns back to me and we fist bump.

"What is their problem?" Tobias asks.

"No clue, insanity?" I respond.

"That was amazing," a women says from the bottom of a tree.

"Thanks. Are you two okay?" I ask her, referring to her companion that is in the tree.

"Uh...yeah. Just a couple claw marks, but all in all we are alright."

"Okay, let's get you both back to base camp," Tobias tells them and a boy jumps down from the tree he was in.

"How did you know I was in the tree?" He asks me.

"Call it intuition," I reply.

We all hop in the Jeep and drive back to the base where we are met with a fuming Carson.

"What the fuck guys? Why did you leave without me?"

"You were off doing god knows what and people were dying. If you don't get your shit together, Carson, you will be thrown out of this platoon," I warn.