Day of the Battle

Noctis

Today is the day. The day Luke and I fight for the crown. Alphas from all over are coming to witness this rare event. Alpha Mark from Tobias' pack is here, Altor from Xander's pack, and I see Orion with River. I notice even Quinton came with Josh. It's good to see them again. Tobias is here with Xander of course and Xander brought Uncle Chris.

Dad stands at the back of the battle field with a microphone in his hand. I am currently waiting in the tree line with my spandex shorts and a sports bra that shows off all of my scars.

"Welcome everyone. Today we are hosting a battle for the crown between my two children. First up we have the next in line for the throne and my daughter Braelynn Lockhart," he introduces and I jog over to him. He has to use my real name due to the formality of the event. "Next we have my son, Luke Lockhart," Luke jogs to stand on the other side of Dad.

Dad motions for us to take our spots and we do. I get into a defensive stance while Luke gets in an offensive one. Not a shocker there.

"Begin!" Dad shouts and Luke immediately charges at me.

There aren't many rules in these fights. Usually the only rule is if one person shifts, the other has to as well. Now, there are two rules. Shift when the other shifts and no final blow.

I dodge Luke's attack and kick him in the lower back which causes him to stumble forwards. I wait for him to regain his position and he swings at my face. I lean back to dodge the punch and then I grab the fist that was going for my stomach. I use that leverage to flip him to the ground, landing in his back. His foot swings out to knock me down but I jump over it. I am no longer fooling around with Josh, I have to stay serious. Luke stands up and goes to kick me in the stomach. I jump back just barely missing the foot but he punches me quickly in the jaw.

I feel the burning sensation from where his fist connected with my face. I switch to the offensive position and I punch him hard in the gut. I hear him blow out all the air in his lungs meaning I hit my target, the diaphragm. Hurts like a bitch. I take the opportunity to grab his head and knee him in the face. He crumpled to the ground. That's when he decides to shift into his light brown wolf.

I take a deep breath and shift into my wolf making everyone gasp. The ones who can't see my face think I am just a black wolf, but those who can see my eyes and my mark know I am something more. A True Alpha. Luke looks fearful before he shakes his head, returning to his hard expression. We circle each other and others get a good look at me. I am also clearly much taller than Luke by at least a foot.

Luke attacks first and I jump to the side last minutes while my claws dig deep into his side causing him to let out a whimper. I hear Mom scream for her 'baby' but she can't interfere. Luke stumbles but manages to stand back up. He snaps at my neck but I claw along his face, leaving red dripping down him wolf head.

I tackle him and put my jaws around his neck, not enough to kill him of course. He struggles trying to kick me off or claw at me; however, he can't because of how I have him pinned. He bows his head in submission, signalling the end of the fight. I stand up off of him and shift back while he lays there.

Dad gestures for me to come over to him and I take all but one step before I few teeth sink into my calf. It barely feels like a pinch, but Luke will feel like he is on fire. I smirk down at Luke who is looking triumphant. That is until he lets go in an immense pain.

"You know, cheaters never win," I tell Luke before heading up to Dad.

"Wha..." he starts but then notices the crowd of people and puts on a smile, "Congratulations to Braelynn for winning the duel. I am pleased to say that my daughter will be the next Alpha of all Alphas."