Red Flame Pack

Noctis

My platoon and I are on own way to the Red Flame Pack from the airport now. We got a taxi so we aren't seen as a threat when arriving on their territory. The taxi drops us off in the town in the territory and we walk the rest of the way to the pack house. As walking through the streets, we get weird looks from wolves. We are all dressed in our uniforms and we are all rogues and then a vampire. Once we walk into the woods, we are stopped my a patrol wolf. He shifts back to human.

"Who are you and what are you doing on the Red Flame Territory?" He questions.

"I am Noctis Kilo and this is my platoon. We have been invited here by your alpha to speak about the rogues," I tell the man.

"Follow this trail and it will lead to the pack house," he tells us.

I nod and continue walking. After eight minutes, we walk into a clearing with a mansion in the centre. It has four floors to it and looks beautiful. There is a two men and a woman standing outside the front doors, watching us. We make our way over to then and nod our heads in respect.

"Thank you for letting us come onto your territory," I say.

"Of course. Why don't we go to the conference room to talk about the issue at hand," Alpha Quinton suggests.

We walk into a big conference room and I sit on one side of the table with my platoon while the alpha sits in the other side with his people.

"This is my Luna, Blair, and this is my Beta, Josh," Alpha Quinton introduces.

"This is Kai Lapel, Silas Shaw and Dax Wilson," I introduce.

"So, these rogues haven't been attacking the packs in this area, but they seem to be on the hunt for something. We have sent in a spy and they have found out that they are searching for the white wolf. We haven't heard of there being one around here, but it seems they believe the wolf is in the military."

I hold my breath as he says this. These rogues have been killing multiple people just to find me? Why?

"Do you know why they are looking for this wolf?" I ask.

"We believe they want the wolf dead so there is nothing stopping them from a war to overthrow the Royal Pack. They believe that the wolf was killed a few months ago, but they are looking still since no body was found."

Shit. They want to attack the Royal Pack, my pack? This isn't good. "Do they have any idea who the white wolf is?" I wonder.

"They believe it to be the werewolf princess who died a year and a half ago. I'm not sure why they are so insistent on this wolf being her."

Probably because they are right, Mara comments.

"Thank you for the information Alpha Quinton, we appreciate it. We should get going to our base to track down these rogues. You should probably pull your spy so they won't get caught in the cross fire."

"Ash won't leave until they are taken down, that's why I sent him in. He is very persistent."

"Okay, thank you again."

Quinton nods and we all stand up and head to the front of the pack house. I give Quinton a piece of paper with my number on it for him to call if they run into troubles or get more information about the rogues. The base is a two hour run from here, so Kai and Silas shift while Dax and I run beside them.

Once at the base, an eery feeling befalls us all. Something is off. The base is very quiet and no one is out walking about in the daylight. I use hand signals to tell the platoon to spread out in different directions to check the tents. I walk in the nearest tent to me and see three dead soldiers. In the next tent, there are two dead soldiers. Fuck. I go to find the rest of my platoon members before I feel a punch in my arm and I look down to see a syringe being pulled out. Fire spreads through my body as the wolfsbane works it's way through my blood. I soon lose consciousness and everything goes dark.

I wake up to my head throbbing and my vision blurred. My arms are shackled above my head and I am sitting in a cold, hard concrete floor. As my vision comes into focus, I see silver bars opposite to me and then three concrete walls surrounding me. I look up to see my hands in silver shackles.

"Kai? Silas? Dax?" I call out.

I hear a groan coming from the cell across from me. "Lieutenant?" Dax asks.

"It's me Dax. Are you hurt?"

"No, they injected me with wolf venom though so I ache all over. Are you okay? Where are we?"

"I'm fine, we were captured by the rogues. Can you see anyone else?" I wonder.

"No, my hands are in silver shackles that are burning my wrists," he responds. Silver has the same effect on vampires as it does on werewolves.

"Kai? Silas?" I call out again.

"Lieutenant? I am okay," I hear Kai reply.

"Me too," Silas adds.

"Okay, that's good. I'm sorry I dragged you guys into this mess. I didn't realize what they wanted."

"What do you mean Lieutenant?" Kai's voice fills the silence.

"Just call me Noctis. You will find out soon enough I bet. I will do everything in my power to get you guys out of here, okay?"

There is silence and a door opens at the end of the hallway. Someone walks closer to the cells we are in and soon a man comes into view. He is a rogue and he looks at me with a smirk.

"I can't believe after all this time, we have finally found you. Where have you been hiding the last few months?" The rogue asks and I remain silent. "Don't feel like talking, do you?"

I am still silent and he unlocks the cell door. Once he is close enough I break the shackles and attack the captor. I punch him in the face as he is taken my surprise and knee him in the face. He stumbles and I roundhouse kick him in the head, knocking him out. I pick the keys off of him and run across to Dax's cell. I use the key to unlock it and rush up to him. I grab his shackles and break them. I do the same with the other two cells.

"How the fuck did you just touch silver like it was nothing?" Dax whisper yells.

"I don't have time to explain, we have to get out of here and come up with a strategy to take down these rogues," I reply.

They all nod and we make our way to the door that leads out of here. I open the door a crack and see a field with huts set up. Fuck, this is a rogue camp. It is night, I turn to the group and make a tent symbol with my hands and they all nod. We quietly walk out of the cells and slowly walk through the huts to get to the forest. I trail behind the group to keep watch on anyone that may attack us. Luckily, we all smell like rogues so their shouldn't be much of a difference except for Dax.

There is a presence to my right and I turn quickly in that direction, getting ready for a fight. There is a man there, he has a square jaw, light blue eyes that are almost grey and black hair. I just stare at him as my platoon looks at me, waiting for an order. The man doesn't make any move to fight nor get closer to us, he just stands there...staring. I hold one finger out and a walking motion with my other hand that crosses my finger to symbolize them walking out of the area. They nod and start moving through the forest again.

The man takes a step forward and I take one back as I slowly walk into the forest, trailing the rest of my platoon. I hope that by making slow movements, I can get far enough away.

A gust of wind blows through the camp and my nose picks up on a scent that I have longed to smell. The scent of spearmint and chocolate.

That man standing in front of me is my second chance mate and he is a rogue that is trying to kill me. Fuck my life.