My Mate

Orion (before meeting Noctis)

Beep

Beep

Beep

Smash

Damn it, I broke another alarm clock. Mom's going to kill me. I roll out of bed and head to the bathroom. I feel different today, like something is going to happen.

Hurry up and get ready! Astor, my wolf, yells at me.

Geez man, what's your deal today?

Stop talking with me and go!

I roll my eyes and get ready for school. I have a good amount of energy today which is weird since I am tired 24/7. I walk downstairs to the kitchen where River and my mom is.

"Hey mom," I smile at her.

"What did you do?" She asks in an annoyed tone.

"Well, I need another alarm clock."

"Orion Star, you have gone through four alarm clocks in the past two weeks."

"Sorry Mom."

"Here, eat up."

She hands a plate with bacon and eggs on it. I start eating quickly at River looks at me with disgust.

"What?" I ask him.

"Dude, where's the fire?"

"Astor is antsy to get to school today."

My mom turns around as I say that and she smiles widely. I give her a questioning look and she waves me off, still smiling. This woman was just mad at me and now she is smiling like an idiot. What's going on?

"Come on man, we need to head to school or we will be late," River tells me.

I hop in the drivers side of my car and River hops in his. We find out spots to park and then walk out into the sea of people. Today after school I am becoming the Alpha of my pack which means I need to choose a Luna to stand by my side. I want to have my mate as my Luna, but Dad is pressuring me to pick a Luna since I am twenty. I have been waiting for four years for my mate. Maybe she isn't out there. Maybe she died.

I open the doors to the school and smell the faint scent of coconut and strawberry. It smells amazing and I think I know what that means. I will have to find her at lunch since I am going to be late for home room.

No, you idiot. Go find her!

Just hold on until lunch. We need to head to class.

He growls and then returns to the back of my head, murmuring insults about me. I sit down in home room and I can't seem to focus on the lecture. All I can think about is that scent. I try, I really try to stay out in my desk. I can do this, I can wait another hour. Fuck.

I am running through the halls to find my mate. She is at the other end of the school of course. I find the door and burst through, the loud sound ringing throughout the class. Everyone at this school knows I am the soon-to-be Alpha so they don't question it. My eyes search the room and a see a girl sitting along in the back. My mate. Her eyes are open, but they aren't looking anywhere specific. They seem to be glazed over like she is midlinking. She is mumbling something incoherent and she is gripping the desk hard. Everyone in the class is staring at her and I walk over to her and sit next to her. The teacher comes over to stand in front of her.