Forming the Platoon

Noctis

"To the more important questions," I tell them. "Lapel, why are you a rogue?"

"I was born a rogue and never got into a pack. I decided to join the army to be put to good use since rogues go to war with the good guys."

I nod and turn my attention to Silas, "What about you?"

"My mate rejected me and I couldn't stand staying in the pack with her around all the time any longer so I left."

Sounds like the truth. Finally it is Dax's turn, "Why are you here when you have a coven back home?" I ask Dax.

"My parents wanted me to get fighting experience since I will be the leader of the coven in a couple years."

I nod, "Do any of you have any questions for me?"

They think for a moment and Kai speaks up first, "How did you become a lieutenant before your first tour?"

"I fought off and killed thirty or so rogues at once when I was about to move from training base to here."

"Woah."

"Why did you take a break from the army for a few months?" Dax wonders.

"There was a silver bomb that went off and I was discharged until I healed from the shrapnel."

"You survived a silver bomb?!" Silas exclaims.

"Yes, anything else?"

"How much longer are you going to stay in the army for?" Kai questions.

"Until I feel ready to go back home," I sigh.

"Why don't you...." I cut Silas off.

"I don't want to talk about it. I am going to head to bed and I suggest you all do the same. Tomorrow I will be putting you all through hell," I tell the three before walking out of the mess hall.

The next morning I stand out on the field, waiting for everyone to show up. Lapel, Shaw and Wilson show up first and then there are the humans. I put them through an obstacle course a lot like the one I went through when I was in training. I timed them and watched for their mistakes. I wasn't shocked when Lapel, Shaw and Wilson came out on top. The day went much like that, I would give them a task and the supernaturals come out on top. The final task is camouflage. I let them go into the woods and hide while I will try to find them. They have to make their way back to the field before I catch them. I won't use my heightened sense of smell and the supernaturals can't as well.

I wait for ten minutes and then head into the forest. I walk quietly and listen to my surroundings. I hear crunch of leaves to my right and I slowly stalk towards the sound. I take out my red marker and grab the hand of Liam, putting a red line on it.

"You can head back to the field now," I whisper and he looks down and nods.

I listen once again and hear a twig snap followed by a quite sweat. I walk in that direction and see Blake behind a tree. I tap his should and he sighs in defeat. I put red mark on his hand and he makes his way to the clearing. I find the other two humans together and then head off to find the wolves and the vamp.

I climb and nearby tree and make my way closer to the clearing where I see Silas. I hook my legs around a tree branch and reach down, marking his hand. Silas looks around shocked and then I continue on without him seeing me. I then find Dax and I jump down quietly behind him and mark his hand as he turns around. I smirk and jump back to the tree, hoisting myself up. I see Kai not far from where I am and she is sprinting to the clearing. I follow not far behind and slowly catch up. I tackle her as we emerge into the training field.