Relief

Noctis

It has been two days since mine and Orion's bond broke. I have been extremely lazy these past two days. My past time has consisted of laying in bed, eating and sleeping. I have played hooky long enough and I have decided to go back to school. Anyway, it's Friday so I don't have to go for the next two days. I throw on my light washed ripped jeans, a black bodysuit and a leather jacket with converse. I grab my bag and throw my hair up into a messy bun before walking to school.

I walk to home room and throw my duffle bag at my feet, leaning my head on my desk. I hear students walk into the classroom and take their seats. I also feel many eyes land on me. Most of the people probably know a version of what happened between Orion and I now. A lot of these wolves probably hate me right now because Orion thought I was rejecting him. The class starts and I try to listen, but all I can focus on is the events that went down two days ago. Maybe I should give up on graduating and force Sergeant Major Jones to let me back into the war. I sigh, I can't give up. I just need to wait another two weeks to graduate before heading back to the war zone.

The bell ringing brings me from my thoughts. I grab my bag and sling it on my shoulder, heading to science. When walking into the class, I see Orion sitting with his Luna, Brit, next to him. He must have missed this class on Tuesday because he wasn't here then. I sit in my usual spot at the back of the class and I can feel Orion look over at me every so often. I can also feel Brit's glare on me as well. I just ignore them both and listen to the lecture. Once the teacher is done talking, he hands out a few sheets of paper outlining an experiment. He tells the class to get in groups of two and one group of three. I walk up to him.

"Mr. Samson? Can I work alone on the experiment?"

He sighs and looks up. When he sees who I am, his expression hardens, "No, you will not get any special treatment after what you did. Go find a group to take you in."

I roll my eyes and grumble, "I didn't do anything wrong."

I leave the teacher and look around. Everyone seems to avoid eye contact with me, everyone except Orion. No way. There is no way in hell I will work on anything with him. I would rather fail this project.

"Noctis, you can come work with us," Orion suggests and Brit glares at him.

"Nah, I'm good," I reply.

Orion looks at the other groups, "Doesn't seem like you have much of a choice."

I huff, "I would rather fail."

I walk over to my seat and grab my bag and walk to the front of the class. I can't keep in my anger much longer so I blurt out the first thing that comes to mind.

"I didn't do anything wrong! You all have false information. You shouldn't judge a person without getting their side of the story first. I am a good person, I fought against rogues non-stop for the past year and did any of you thank me? No, you didn't. You just ignore me or give me dirty stares. I would rather be with those rogues than be here any longer."

After my little speech, everyone is shocked silent while I walk out of the classroom and make my way to the back doors. I barge outside and walk quickly over to the middle of the field. I let myself fall to the grass and sit down. I bring my knees into my chest and wrap my arms around them with my head in my knees. I don't cry, I just try to calm myself down. I can deal with all of these people. Right now it seems like I have two options. I either quit trying to graduate and join the army again, or I switch to another school far from here. I don't know what to do, I hate having conflicting thoughts.

A hand lands on my shoulder and I just keep my head down. "What?" I ask.

"Around you alright?" A woman wonders.