Welcome Home

Noctis

The wolf shifts and I recognize him from before I left. It's Pat. He stalks towards me looking angry and cautious. I just stand there waiting for him to start the conversation.

"Why are you here rogue?" Pat spits.

I roll my eyes, "I'm here to see the Alpha King."

"Yeah right. Why would you think I would let you see him?"

"Because I'm his daughter."

This makes Pat laugh, "The princess died a year ago. Leave now or face the consequences."

I huff, I need to read that book, "I'll take the consequences then."

He looks happy at my decision, "Let's go," he grabs my arm roughly and drags me towards the pack house.

This is going well, Mara comments.

I just hope our family stops them when they find out.

They will, trust me.

Once at the pack house, Pat takes me right to the dungeons. He throws me in a cell and locks my hands in silver chains. I notice that it doesn't sting very bad. I barely feel it at all. Maybe I am becoming more tolerant due to having pieces embedded in my bones. Cool.

"What are you really doing here?" Pat asks.

"I already told you Pat. I want to see Alpha Riggs."

"How do you know my name?"

I give him a 'duh' look, "I have already given you that answer. Can you just go get the alpha so I can leave this filthy cell."

"I am not going to give you what you want so easily. You can rot down here for all I care."

"Really Pat? I just want to read a book that your guys have in your library. If you let me do that, I will leave afterwards."

"No," then he locks the cell and leaves the dungeon.

I sigh, guess we have to come up with a plan B.

Yeah, we can get out of these chains and call Pa, Mara suggests.

He didn't seem too happy with us the last time we saw him. I'm not sure it's a good idea.

Then call Cali or Tobias.

I think for a moment. That is true. Cali told me to call her if I needed help and Tobias said the same thing. Tobias and Cali both have a family though and I don't want them getting captured too. Maybe Ms. Star can get Cali in here and then Cali can sneak me out or even read the book. I pull hard on the chains until they snap and dial Cali's number.

"Hello?"

"Cali, it's Noctis. I am in a bit a of snag and I was wondering if you could help me out?"

"What happened Noctis?"

"Pat was being an asshole like usual and he threw me in the dungeons. He won't bring Dad to me so I am kind of at a stand still."

"What do you want me to do?" Cali asks, determination in her voice.

"Could you get Mr. Star to get you into the pack for a couple days? I need you to find the book and tell me what it says. After that, I will need you to help me get out of here since I will probably be staved, dehydrated and beaten by then."

"That sounds terrible. Why didn't you just tell that Pat guy who you really are?"

"I did, he is just a twat. So, can you help me out?"

"Of course. I will be there tomorrow morning knowing Kathryn."

"Thanks."

I hang up the phone. I didn't know Ms. Star's first name was Kathryn. I hide my phone in the crack of the cement wall and make sure the ringtone and vibration are turned off. I sit down in the corner of the cell and wait for Pat to come back down. I feel my eyes grow heavy and I am about to fall asleep when a bucket of ice cold water is dumped all over my body. My eyes shoot open as I gasp for air. I look around to see Grey.

"Grey?" I question.

"How do you know my name rogue?" Grey spits out the question.

"It's me, Braelynn," I tell him.

"Yeah right. Braelynn died, we all felt it. You don't get to come in here and start rubbing it in on this pack. I will be here from now on to keep an eye on you so you better not keep a foot out of line."

"Yeah, whatever Grey. Do what you want, I have been in worse pain than you can even fathom."

"It would be my pleasure. I thought Pat said he restrained you."

"Guess he didn't lock them right," I remark.

Grey walks over and locks my wrists in the silver chains while he where's gloves to protect his own hands.

"That's weird," Grey states, "Why isn't your skin burning?"

I shrug my shoulders which angers him. He punches me square in the jaw and I look back to him, spitting my blood in his face. He yells in pain and wipes my blood from his face. I see burn marks from where my blood touched him. That explosion might have been the best thing that ever happened to me.

"What the fuck are you?" He whispers to me in shock.

I just smirk at him and he hesitantly leaves the cell, locking the door. I got silver in my blood bitches. In knowing this, I can't believe I am still alive. I break off the chains and fall asleep soon since there is no one there to jolt me awake because Grey leave in a hurry.

I wake up to footsteps growing louder and closer to the cell I am in. I see Grey leak his head around the corner with Pa beside him. My hopes rise at the thought Pa will get me out. He loves me, of course he will bail me out of here and tell them who I really am. Grey looks surprised since I don't have the shackles on anymore.

"You know her Jack?" Grey asks Pa.

I look to him pleadingly and he states, "Never seen her before in my life."

My heart shatters. This hurts worse than it did when my bond broke with Orion. My own grandfather just said he did know me. He is going to leave me here to be beaten and starved. He is no grandfather of mine.

That asshole. What did we do to deserve this? Mara exclaims.

You both know what you did. You want to go throw your life away at war. Be my guest, but never come to me for help again. From now on Braelynn Lockhart is dead because I can just wait around for you to actually die. I can accept that, Jack tells me, voice void of emotion.

You bitch. You are dead to me as well Jack, I spit at him through the mindlink before closing him off from my mind.

Jack leaves the dungeon, leaving me alone with Grey. Grey unlocks and opens the cell door and walks up to me.

"I guess there is no point putting these restraints on you," he sighs.

"Not really Grey. It's pretty pointless to do anything to me. I won't give up any information. I don't have any more pain left to feel."

"We'll see about that," Grey chuckles menacingly.

Grey walks up to me and throws a duffle bag...my duffle bag in front of me. He opens it up and rummage through before pulling out my beautiful silver knife. He is seriously going to harm me with my own knife? How rude! That knife is like my child, I take it everywhere with me. He stalks towards me and holds the tip of my knife to the front of my shoulder.

Shit's about to go down.