Back To the BASEics

Noctis

Sergeant Major Jones, who now insists on me calling him Dan, got all my papers ready to go and he called the Star's Sun Pack for permission onto their territory so I can grab my stuff. I got Cali to put a few of my clothes in my duffle bag and then bring it to her room. I guess it would be her old room now as she is moving to the Royal Pack.

We are pulling up to the pack house now and I see Orion, River, and Brit waiting out front. We exit the car and walk over to them. They all look shocked to see me, so I guess Dan left that out.

"Alpha Orion, Luna Brit, and Beta River, it is nice to finally meet you all," Dan greets and shakes their hands.

"Nice to meet you are well Sergeant. What brings you and Noctis here today?" Orion asks.

Dan looks to me and then back to the group, "You guys know each other?"

Before they can say anything I butt in and respond with, "We went to school together when I got back from the army."

I don't want anything keeping me from going back to the army and if Dan knows about the rejection, who knows what will happen.

"We came here to grab a bag Cali left for Noctis."

"Where are you going?" River asks.

"Back to the army, I just need to grab my duffle and I will be on my way," I tell them.

Brit looks triumphant that she is getting rid of me and I roll my eyes at her. I walk past them and in the front door as Dan follows me in. I walk towards the stairs and make my way to Cali's room. I see my bag on her bed with a note that says 'I'm going to miss you and you better not die over there or I will kill you myself. All the love, Cali.' I chuckles and put the card in my bag. I pick out my necklace and put it on before zipping my bag back up and slinging it over my shoulder. I turn around and Dan nods before walking back down the stairs. I almost get to the front door when Luna calls from behind me. I sigh, so close. I turn around and she embraces me in a hug. I awkwardly patt her back and she lets go.

"It's so nice to see you again dear, I haven't seen you since graduation. Did you find what you were looking for? Who is this?"

"Cali helped me find what I wanted and this is Sergeant Major Jones. He is driving me to the army base so I can be deployed again."

"Your going back? Is this because of what happened between you and my..." I cut her off.

"No, it's not because of that. This is because I am healed and ready to go back to war."

"Okay dear, be safe and call if you need anything once back in the states."

"Okay, I will. Thanks Luna."

"You can call me Kathryn dear. Have a safe drive," she smiles.

I give her a small wave and walk out the front door with Dan behind me. Before I got to the car, Orion stops me. What now?

"Here, this is my number if you ever get in trouble and need help," he says, giving me a piece of paper. I hold back my laughter since if anyone needs help it will be him.

"Thanks, here," I write down my number quickly and hand the paper to him. "If your pack ever needs help, give me a call."

He nods and I get into the passengers seat while Dan gets in the drivers seat before driving away from the territory. After a few minutes of driving, Dan speaks what is on his mind.

"What happened between you and that pack? There was some serious tension."

"It's doesn't matter now, does it."