Taken

Noctis

We are at the base in Iran looking over previous rogue attacks here. So far there are no patterns. They seem to be attacking in any area and aren't going anywhere in specific. This is making it a lot harder to pinpoint where their base is or where they are trying to attack next. I groan aloud as I sit down and slouch in my chair.

"It's alright Lieutenant, we will find them," Dax reassured me.

"I know we will, I just hope we find them before it's too late. I am starting to see no end in this fight," I admit.

Silence befalls the room as my platoon knows I am right. There is a chance we won't find where they are hiding and they will kill a lot more innocent human soldiers. These killings are just to get to me...so maybe I should let them take me to stop this madness and bloodshed.

"Stop that," Kai tells me, "I know what you are thinking and if you just hand yourself over then the war will only get worse. They will attack your parents and your pack. You will break Ash's heart."

I know she is right. She is almost always right. I nod to her and goes back to thinking. I think our brains are all fried from the amount of thinking we have been doing.

"Come on," I tell them as I stand up.

"Where are we going?" Silas wonders.

"Just follow me. If we keep racking out brains like this, we will never come up with a plan."

They all follow me out of the planning tent and I direct them towards the higher ups tent. In there there is alcohol and I think we could all use that right now. Alcohol won't get us drunk, but it will help us relax. I tell them to wait there as I walk inside the tent. I pull out a bottle of tequila and grab four small cups. I walk out of the one tent and head to my tent. Once we are all in the tent, I hold up the tequila and the cups.

"We have tequila in our bases?" Silas asks shocked.

"Don't question it Si, free booze!" Kai exclaims and we all chuckle.

I pour a shot into each of the cups and hand them out. We cheers and then down a shot. A few shots later, my phone rings with an unknown number. I hold the phone to my hear as I pick it up.

"Lieutenant Noctis Kilo," I tell the person on the other end of the line.

"Hey Noctis," his handsome voice greets, "It's Ash."

"Hey Ash, how are you?" I wonder.

"I am okay, I would be better if I were with you right now."

I roll my eyes at his words with a smile on my face, "I have been gone maybe two weeks Ash, how can you miss me so much?" I ask.

"Because you are my mate. Don't you miss me?" He pouts.

"Of course," I reply.

"So, are you busy right now?" Ask asks.

"I am just having a couple drinks with my platoon. Why?"

"I just wanted to get to know you more. Can we talk tomorrow night?"

"Sure," I smile. I look up to see Kai being held back by Dax as she is trying to claw apart a scared Silas. "Sorry Ash, but I have got to go. My platoon...well they are...I don't even know what is going on. Bye," I tell him.

"Goodbye Noctis."

I hang up the phone and shove it in my pocket as I walk up to the three soldiers. "I was looking away for two seconds. What happened?" I demand an answer.

"That son of a bitch told me that he believes she-wolves should stay at the packs and not fight!" Kai yells and I glare at Silas who looks like he is about to shit his pants.