First Day of School

Noctis

Today is my first day of school. I put on a pair of black shorts, a white tank top and my leather jacket. I put on a pair of black high top converse and grab my bag I packed last night. I walk to my kitchen before realizing I forgot to buy food. I should do that after school.

I leave my apartment and walk towards the school. It is about a ten minute walk, but it is nice to get the fresh air. As soon as I walk up to the school property, heads start turning my way. Their eyes roan curiously down my body and see the multiple scar that litter my legs, including the one that is healing in my right leg. I walk in the double doors and walk towards the sign that says Principal's Office. I walk in and see a woman sitting behind the desk.

"Hi, I'm Noctis Kilo," I introduce myself.

She looks up at me with a smile, "Hi Noctis. I talked with you on the phone yesterday. Here is your schedule."

She hands me a piece of paper and I scan over it. I have math, science, lunch, free period, gym. "Thanks."

I notice her eyeing my bag, "You were in the army?"

"Yes, I was just discharged."

She nods and says, "I hope you enjoy attending this school. Have a good day!"

I nod and leave the office. I start making my way down the hall to my locker. I put in my combination and open it. I throw my bag inside and take out my notebook along with one pen and my schedule. I start making my way to first period which is at the other end of the school. Great. I walk in and everyone turns there head to look at me. I roll my eyes and walk to the back of the class where I sit alone beside the window.

Ms. Lamen starts her lesson and feel like falling asleep. This is so boring, why did I decide to come back to school again? I forgot how much this sucks. After she finishes talking, we all start on our homework. A few moments later, the door to the classroom slams open which makes me go back to the war. I see bodies littering the ground and gun firing ringing in my ears. I start to breath a little faster and I grip the edge of my desk tightly.

"Noctis?" I hear a voice say.

I squeeze my eyes shut and try to erase the image from my mind. I soon even out my breathing and let go of my desk and then open my eyes. The eyes of all the students are on me and the teacher is standing in front of me looking worried. I notice a guy looking very worried standing next to me.

"What?" I say.

"You were mumbling something and you looked frozen. Are you okay Noctis?" Ms. Lamen Asks.

"I'm fine. Sorry for disrupting the class."

"It's okay. Everyone go back to your homework," she announced to the class

I look back down at my sheet of homework except that guy is still sitting next to me. "Do you mind?" I say.

"What?"

"I am trying to do my math work and I don't like people being this close to me," I lie. He just gives me a weird vibe and I don't want him near me.

"O-okay. I guess I will see you around," he says looking sad before leaving the room.

Was that the bitch who came rushing into the room and this isn't even his class? What the fuck? I just totally embarrassed myself in front of the class and word will get around the school quickly. Stupid flashbacks.

Lunch

I walk into the cafeteria and head over to the lunch line. I just grab a muffin and pay for it before walking to the back table by the window. After I finish my blueberry muffin, I just stare outside. I do have to admit that it is nice to be in a place where a fight isn't threatening to happen every minute of every day. Someone sits next to me and I look over to see the weird guy that barged into my first period.

"What do you want?" I ask annoyed as I look back out the window.

"I just want to get to know you. Can you give me a chance?"

"Why would I do that? I just want to be left alone and graduate before heading back to Iraq. Okay?"

"You were in Iraq?" He sounds shocked.

"I just said that, didn't I?"

"Sorry. When did you come back?"

"About a week ago."

"How are you feeling about civilian life?"

"Pretty damn boring in my opinion. Thanks you earlier by the way. I always want to relive my most traumatic memories," note the sarcasm.

"What do you mean?"

"Don't just barge into classrooms making a whole bunch of fucking noise is what I mean."

"I am so sorry, I didn't mean to..." I cut him off.

"Stop apologizing. It is getting really annoying. Look I gotta go, later," I grab my notebook and head outside.

I walk into the forest and I finally get to shift into my wolf for the first time in the past year. I feel bad for not letting Amara out, but I couldn't risk it while at war. I walk deeper into the forest and find a nice clearing. I imagine my wolf, she is an auburn colour with gold eyes. I feel the shift finish and I run into he forest. I missed the feeling of running in my wolf and I can tell Amara did too.

Do you want to take over for a bit? I ask Amara.

She wags her tail, Yes I want to run!

I chuckle and give her control as I sit back and watch. She runs full speed through the forest and she seemed to have gotten faster. Maybe all my training paid off in wolf form.

Remember Amara, I need to be back for gym. You have thirty minutes to run.

Fine, she pouts.

She runs up to a lake nearby that has a beautiful waterfall. I know what she is thinking about doing and I don't feel like going to the final class of the day soaking wet.

Amara, don't you dare. I am not going to class drenched.

Fine. You have to take me swimming soon though. I miss it so much.

I nod and Amara gives me back control. I walk over to the water and jump up when I see my reflection. I slowly walk back over to the water and look at my reflection. Instead of me seeing my normal auburn wolf, I see a pure white wolf with glowing electric blue eyes.

What's going on, Amara?

I don't know B. Only wolves born blessed by the Moon Goddess have a white fur colour. I have never heard of someone's fur changing colour after they have their first shift.

What the fuck is going on?