Rogue Town

Noctis

It has been a week since Callum and I settled in the Blood Paw Pack territory. We couldn't find much more information on True Alpha's. I think the fact that there has never been a female True Alpha is enough to point out that I am not one. There has to be another explanation. I have been in the library in my free time trying to find another explanation as to why Callum senses me as an alpha.

Callum has gotten a job in town and I am thankful for the time to run in my wolf form without the fear of anyone seeing. I am getting fed up with staying at the pack house though. He said it would be best for me since every rogue there would know I am an alpha. Screw that, I am going to go find a job.

I run to the town and when I emerge through the trees, all of the rogues snap their heads towards me. Theirs eyes all show fear except for the few males who are in protection mode with their mate behind them. I just cross the street and start walking down the sidewalk as the hesitantly go back to what they were doing.

I find the diner Callum is working in and I head inside to be met with the overwhelming scent of rogues. They all turn to face me and freeze where they are. Everyone does this except Callum who doesn't know what to do. I walk to the counter and sit down on a stool.

Callum walks up to me and pretends to take my order with a forced smile, "What are you doing here?"

"I was getting bored at home. I am on the hunt for a job."

"You can't do that Noc, this is a rogue town for the most part and you are no longer a rogue."

"Dude, if you haven't noticed, I still don't have a pack so I am as much of a rogue as these guys are."

"Yeah, except for the fact that you have an Alpha aura."

I roll my eyes, "Can I have a black coffee?"

He sighs, "Yeah, you want anything else?"

I shake my head and be puts down his pen and paper to go make the coffee. A minute later he gives me my coffee in a to go cup.

"I guess I will take the hint," I tell Callum as I stand up and leave the diner with my coffee in hand.

I start walking down the street to find a place that is hiring everyone clears out of my way on the street as I walk by. This is probably the most civilized, nonviolent rogue town I have been in. I hear three pairs of footsteps walking not far behind me and I turn the corner to walk into the woods. Once a little while into the woods, I stop and turn around to face the three men.

"Why are you here?" One asks.

"My territory isn't far from here and I decided to come by and get a job."

"There is only one territory near here," another guy states and I see fear cross their eyes.

"Yeah, yeah. That's the territory. I do not plan on starting up a fight or anything with you all. I was a rogue for over three years before I came to this pack."

They look shocked, "An alpha was a rogue?"

"Yup."

"Huh," one states.

"Okay then, but it we hear you killed anyone who doesn't deserve it, we will start a war."

"I understand."

"Welcome to the area then," one smiles and the others grin.

"Thank you. What are your names?" I ask.

"I am Pete, this is Quade and Brad," Pete introduces.

"Nice to meet you all, I am Noctis Kilo," I smile and I shake hands with all of them.