Research

Noctis

Cali and I are just arriving at the pack house. Once she parks her car, we walk up to the front door. I take a deep breath preparing myself for the obnoxious werewolves. We walk in and immediate, everyone growls and then turns to me. I guess they smelled the rogue in the room. They stop growling when they see me with Cali, but still look at me with hate. I roll my eyes and follow Cali to the kitchen. She insisted we get snacks before heading to the library. We walk in to see Orion, Brit, and Orion's mom.

"Noctis dear, how are you doing?" Orion's mom asks.

"I'm fine Luna. How are you?"

"Oh, I guess I am alright. What are you doing here?"

"I am here to borrow your library and Cali said it was alright. If it makes your pack members uncomfortable with me being here, I can just go..."

"Nonsense, why wouldn't they be comfortable with you?" The Luna asks. I just look to Orion and his mom gasps, looking at her son. "You didn't tell your pack members that Noctis wasn't rejecting you?!"

"I-I...it never came up," Orion defends himself.

"That is not an excuse! These members probably hate her right now because they think that she rejected you without even giving you a chance!"

Orion just looks away from his mother's burning gaze and excuses himself with Brit following close behind.

"I'm so sorry for my son. I will make sure the pack members know what really happened."

"It's fine Luna. I don't really mind. I'm not sure if I am going to stick around too much longer."

"Why not?"

"Well, I lost my mate and I think I am going to head back to the army."

"I thought you were recovering?"

"Well, I feel fine. That's besides the point, can we go to the library now?"

"Of course, go ahead."

Cali walks over to me with two bags of chips and a four pack of ginger ale. I shake my head with a small smile and we head to the library. When we entered those doors, I walked into a nice cozy little library. It's no Royal Pack library, I'll tell you that. The Royal Packs library is beautiful, I used to always go there to pass time.

"This is the section on werewolf history," Cali points out.

I start looking through bindings of the books for anything about white wolves or wolf colours. I finally find one and pull it out, heading over to the couch by a huge window. I throw my feet up and open the book. I flip past the normal fur colours until I reach the white wolves. It talks about how they are blessed at birth and are hand chosen, yada yada yada. Aha! It is extremely rare for a white wolf to appear after one has already shifted; however, it has happened a handful of times. It happens when a person has proven themselves time and time again in more ways than one. What? How the fuck have I proven myself? A lot of wolves have gone to war more than once, how is this any different? I flip the page and it says there is a book that talks about this further and it is called "Rare Anomalies in the Supernatural World". I put the book back on the shelf and look for the second book. I can't find it. Damn it! They don't have it!

Cali walks over to me, "Find anything?"

"Yeah, I did. The book I need though isn't here. Do you know of any other library that will have similar books?"

"Well, most of the packs have the same books to help with the Alpha's knowledge and the pups to learn in school."

"Damn it!"

"Hey girls, can I help your find anything?" The Lune asks as she walks into the library.

"Have your heard of a book called Rare Anomalies in the Supernatural World?" I ask her.

"Actually, I have once."

My hopes rise, "Where? I need to see that book."

"It was when I was visiting the Royal Pack a few years back."

My expression immediately drops. I don't want to go back there. I hated it there. I sigh in defeat. I can either get answers or never see them again.

"Are you alright dear? I'm sure I can talk to the Alpha King to let you into his territory for you to borrow the book."

"No, no. There is no need to tell them I am coming. I'm not sure if I want to read that book that badly."

"Are you sure because I can..." I cut her off.

"I'm sure. Luna," I sternly say.

She gives me a curious look, "Why do you want to read that book?"

"It's personal."

"I remember some of the information, I can probably help."

Do I really want another person know about this secret? She could easily tell her husband or son and that won't turn out well. I don't fully trust her yet.

"No. If I need the information, I will have to go get it myself." The Luna then leaves the library.

"Why don't we take a break from all the heavy stuff and go get some ice cream?" Cali suggests.

"Sounds like a great idea! I don't remember the last time I had ice cream."

"What?! I had ice cream two days ago! We have to get going, I can't believe this!" She exclaims and I laugh at her dramatics.

"Let's go."

We walk out of the pack house and hop in Cali's car. She speeds off towards town and stops by an ice cream shop. We sit in a booth and ordered ice cream. Cali insisted on ordering for me since she knows the best flavour. She ordered both of us chocolate caramel ice cream.

"Oh my god," I moan as I eat my ice cream.

"I know right," Cali moans as she eats hers.

"Thank you for introducing me to heaven. Kill me now so I can be happy forever."

Cali chuckles, "I feel ya girl. This is heavenly. I think I could marry ice cream. Can I just do that?"

"What about your mate?"

"Dude, I'm eighteen. I don't think he is in a big rush to get here. I think I would be better off just marrying ice cream until he comes."

"Fair enough. Mine is gone so I think I can marry ice cream now, right?"

"Go for it."

I just laugh at our idiocy and finish the ice cream. I am so glad to finally have a friend that is a girl. I never got along with girls too much. They were always drooling over Luke back at the pack and then I was the only girl in my platoon so I didn't talk to girls much.

"I'm going to have to go back to my old pack, aren't I?" I sigh.

"If you want answers, then yes."

"I don't want to go back, Cal."

"I know Noctis, but it is what you need to do to find answers."

"I know. I just don't know what they will do. What if they keep me under 24/7 supervision again?"

"If they try to do that, then kick their asses and call me. I will come pick you up and if you want I will personally drop you off at an army base."

"Thanks Cali. I am really glad we are friends," I smile and she smiles back.