Blood Paw Pack

Noctis

I am currently in my snowy white wolf in the forest laying next to my duffel bag. I am on no-man's land but I have no clue where. I just ran from the pack house and never looked back. I am taking a break right now before continuing my trek. When I left, I caught wind of Ash in a nearby town. I managed to get through without him finding me. That was hours ago so I don't think he sniffed me out. I feel my eyes grow heavy and soon I find the darkness of sleep consuming me.

My eyes snap open as I look around. I am still in the forest but I am now in my human form. Weird. I take a good look at my surroundings and my heart rate picks up. There are bodies of hundreds of wolves littering the ground and blood is everywhere. I look down at myself and my hands are covered in blood and I can see blood covering my body head to toe.

My throat starts to close as I panic and tears fill my eyes. I start running from the horrifying scene. My foot catches in a tree root causing me to fall hard to the ground. I crawl backwards until my back hits a tree. I pull my knees up towards my chest and place my head in them. I try to take deep breaths to calm myself down.

"Hey? Are you alright?" I hear a voice, but it is faint and I don't recognize it.

I lift my head from my position and look around to see myself back in the woods where I fell asleep. There are no bodies or blood anywhere, it was just a nightmare. No, it was a memory. I feel a hand touch my shoulder and I grab it while pushing the person into the ground with a knee on their back and their hand still in mine.

"Woah lady, calm down," the man says in an English accent.

He is a rogue so I be careful as I let go of him and stand up. He gets up to his feet and dusts off his pants.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him.

"I was just making my way through the forest when I heard a scream followed by whimpering. I thought someone was being killed or something so I followed the noise until I saw you laying on the ground, asleep. You alright?"

"I'm fine," I tell him and grab my bag before walking further into the forest.

I hear his footsteps coming closer to me and I roll my eyes. Can he just leave so I can shift and continue running? He soon falls in step with me.

"So, where are you headed?" He asks, trying to make a conversation.

"It's none of your business," I defensively say.

"Well, maybe we are headed to the same place."

"That would be kind of hard since I don't have a place in mind," I say before I can stop myself.

"Well then, why don't we be travel buddies?"

I look at him accusingly, "Why is a British rogue here in the states?"

"Wanted a change of scenery," he shrugs.

"And you just happen to stumble across me when my mate is from England?" I raise an accusing eyebrow.

"Really? Maybe I know him. What's his name?"

"I am not falling for that one. Look, if you want to follow me like a puppy, be my guest, but if I find out you are helping my mate, so help me goddess I will kill you."

He gulps, "Good thing I am not helping this mystery guy then. So, what's a girl like you doing as a rogue?"

"I left my pack for the army and I am not ready to go back. They aren't ready for me to come back either."

"I have got to be honest, you are the only female rogue I have met, let alone a vet." I nod and he introduces himself, "I'm Callum."

"Noctis," I say as I continue to walk.