To The Library

Cali

I am heading down to dinner right now when my phone rings. I duck into a hallway that is empty and pick up the call.

"Hello?"

"Cali, hey. I am just wondering how much longer this is going to be," Noctis' raspy voice comes through the phone.

"How are you hanging in there Noctis?"

"I'm fine, don't worry about me. I was just wondering how much longer I have to have a great time down here before I leave, you know?"

"I will try to get to the library tomorrow and then we will figure out what to do. Will you be okay until then?"

"Oh yeah, I'm perfectly fine," Noctis says, unconvincingly.

"I have to go, sorry Noctis," I tell her.

"Bye," she says and then hangs up the phone.

I sigh and shove my phone in my back pocket. I turn around to walk back to the kitchen when I hit a wall. Scratch that, a man. I take a step back and look up to see an older man that radiates power. This must be Grey. The bastards Beta that is beating up my friend.

"Who's Noctis?" He asks.

"None of your business," I tell him.

"Is she back again?" He asks with hope in his voice.

"Who?" I ask.

"Brae," he states.

Oh shit. Does he think Alpha Riggs' daughter is back, "As in the daughter of the king?" I wonder.

"No, Brae Kingston."

"I have no clue who that is, sorry," I shrug.

He looks at me suspiciously, "If I find out your are lying, I will personally kill you."

My eyes widen, what the fuck. Who is this girl that he is talking about? I just nod at him and walk around him to get to the dining room. He doesn't move for a moment, probably thinking about who I was talking to on the phone. I sit down at the table while everyone takes a glance at me before going back to eating their food. Grey sits next to the queen, but whispers something to Alpha Riggs first. The king looks in my direction with accusing eyes before going back to his food. After the long awkward dinner, I walk out the front door, hoping to go for a run.

I am about to shift when a voice shouts from behind me, "I need to talk with you."

I turn to see Alpha Riggs, "Um...okay?"

He walks towards the backyard and I jog to catch up with him. We walk in silence for a while before he sighs. I notice his facial expression look sad and filled with regret.

"Is Brae back? Please be honest," he quietly asks.

"I honestly don't know who this Brae is. Why do you guys think I know her?"

He sighs, "Grey overheard you on the phone with a girl named Noctis and it sounded like she is in trouble. Brae's wolf's name was Noctis and she tended to get in rough situations a lot."

I make an 'o' with my mouth. "Noctis is my age, so I don't think they are the same person."

"Thanks. Is your friend in trouble? I can help if you need it," he states and I look at him, confused.

"Um...can I get back to you on that?" I should ask Noctis before telling him who is in his dungeons.

"Of course, take your time."

"So..." I say awkwardly, "I am sorry to hear about what happened last year."

"Thank you," He says as a tear rolls down his cheek.