Cali's Arrival

Cali

After my phone call with Noctis I make my way downstairs to the living room to walk with Kathryn. I know what you may be thinking, 'how is she still living in the pack house when she is technically a rogue?' Well, Orion begged and begged until I finally agreed to officially join the pack again. River gave him the silent treatment until I came back. I did live at a friends house for a day though. It was outside of the territory. I see Kathryn sitting on the couch with the previous Alpha, Richard.

"Hey," I greet them.

"Cali, how are you?" Kathryn asks.

"I'm good Luna, thank you. I was wondering if you could ask the Royal Pack for permission for me to enter their territory. I want to read the book Noctis is in search for since she can't get there."

"Of course. I can call Alpha Riggs in a little while. Do you know what she is looking for?"

"Sorry Luna, but I can't tell you. If she wants people to know, she will tell people herself," I respectively say.

"That is very nice of you Cali. I will let you know Alpha Riggs' answer when I hear from him."

"Thanks."

I walk back upstairs to my room and begin packing since I am not taking a no as an answer. I pack a backpack and a duffle bag full of clothes and toilet trees. I take a shower and put on my light blue ripped jeans, booties with a heel and light grey cropped sweater. I dry and straighten my dirty blonde hair and then put on my beanie.

I hear a knock at my door and when I open it, it is Kathryn, "Hey Luna!"

"Cali, I got ahold of Alpha Riggs and he said you are more than welcome to go visit them. If you would like, you can leave today and you will arrive tomorrow morning."

"Thank you!" I exclaim and hug Kathryn.

"You're welcome dear. Have you heard from Noctis? Has she gone back to the military?"

"Um...no she hasn't yet. Right now she is visiting a friend for a while."

"That's good. I think she needs some normal human interaction before heading back to the war. She seems to have PTSD."

I shoot a confused look at Kathryn, "How do you know that?"

Kathryn looks a little guilty, "I may have overheard some of your conversation from the day of the party. I came back up to offer you guys some food and accidentally eavesdropped."

"Luna! She is very private of that stuff. She doesn't want people knowing."

"Don't worry Cali. I won't tell anyone, I swear. I was curious about what happened that night when I found her. She was freaking out for no apparent reason. I understand now."

I sigh, "Please don't tell anyone."

"I won't Cali, now go say goodbye to your brother and I will make some lunch for you."

"Thank you Luna."

She nods and leaves me in my room. I grab my bags and head down to the front door where I drop my bag off. I grab my keys off the hook and shove them in my pocket before heading to the game room. I walk in and find River sitting on the couch with Orion. I am shocked to see that Brit isn't by Orion's side for once.

"Hey Bro," I greet River.

"Cali, what's up?" River wonders without looking away from his video game.

"I just wanted to say goodbye."

River jumps up out of his seat and pulls me into a tight hug. "You are not leaving me again! You better not be thinking of becoming a rogue!"