Hunt for Ash

Noctis

I am driving in my car with Callum, Quinton and Josh. We are going back to my territory because that is where Ash was last seen. Amara decided to stay behind to secretly get tutoring on how to be the king of werewolves. Everyone will think that I am next in line until the Crowning Ceremony.

"We are here," I tell them as I pull up to my pack house. I haven't even told Quinton or Josh about this being my territory.

"Let's get searching," Josh says before getting out of the car.

I walk up to my room as the three boys follow me. Once inside I tell them, "This is where the witch tried to kill me."

"Hold up, you didn't tell us that," Quinton says.

"I am now. I killed her, but her body disappeared. She probably wanted to kill me for the same reasons as the rogues. I guess she didn't know that I am a True Alpha."

Quinton takes out a small container with a light blue powder in it. I give him a curious look and he smirks before putting a pea size of powder in his hand and blowing it into the room. The powder spreads out before making a line from one end of the room towards the window and down to the ground.

"That's the path of magic," Quinton says.

"Well, that is probably the direction that the witch came into my room," I tell him.

"Not in, out. The trail started over there," he points toward my closet, "and it went towards the window. That means she left the room....alive."

"Shit. I could have sworn that I killed her. She must have tricked me," I growl.

"Let's go follow it," Josh says as he walks out of the room.

We all follow him out the front door and I see the line of blue powder leading to the forest.

"This is the way I saw Ash running when I came back to the pack house," Callum tells me.

I nod and we follow the line out to another clearing outside of my territory. It abruptly stops and the powder falls to the ground.

"What now?" Callum asks.

"Well if the magic ends here, that means that she must have teleported to the next location," Quinton states.

"Then we just need to find a witch willing to help us," I tell them. A powerful witch will be able to recreate the teleportation.

"Where the hell do we find a powerful witch?" Josh wonders.

"I know," Callum says. "I passed by a town on my way here that had quite a few lone witches."

"We will head there tomorrow. Let's stay in the pack house tonight and head out in the morning," I suggest.

We head inside and I whip up some food for them. They eat their turkey sandwiches and everyone finds a bedroom to sleep in.

The Next Morning

We are almost to the town that Callum was talking about. To say I am worried would be an understatement. I have lost too many amazing people in my life and I can't stand to lose another even if they did reject me. All I can do right now as Callum drives is hope to the Moon Goddess that she will let me find Ash, alive.

"We're here," Callum announces as we pull up to a coffee shop parking lot.

"Let's go," I say.

We walk into the coffee shop and many eyes land on us. We take a seat in a booth to work out how to ask for help. We can't just walk up to any witch and tell them we need help. They might want something in return.