Steve ||in love||

Steve's POV
The gang and I walked down to the bleachers where the drag race was being held. I jumped over Soda's shoulders "WHOO" I start getting hyped up. Anybody that knows me knows how much I love drag races, let alone cars. Soda nudges me back before all of us take our seats on the bleachers.

I look around and I see Twobit who's sitting beside me with only one beer. "Hey, why'd you only bring one beer!?..now we all gotta go pay for our own!" I say pissed. Twobit shrugs his shoulder and continues to sip his beer. Right before I was about to tell Soda about this dumb-ass beside me, I heard the microphone start getting spoken into.

"Ladies and gentlemen!" The dude welcomes. We all start cheering. "We have two beauty muscle cars racing today" he points to each one that we're already beside each other, lined up and ready to race.

"We got Chad Hamilton racing the blue one!" He points to a soc who was now getting in his car. Only half of the crowd cheered for him, not including the gang and I.

"Then we got Riley Anderson, racing the beautiful red one!" He points to the car. 'Riley Anderson?' I think to myself. A smile grew across my face as I saw a girl with slick dark heart that fell out of her helmet. Not gonna lie, she looked like the perfect girl. She waved around before getting in her car. I cheered the loudest for her.

The guy held the held the flag in between the two cars. "Around the track five times, first one back here wins!..."-he waved the flag down, causing both cars to go flying at full speed.

The two cars raced around the track as we cheered and hollered. I saw the determination on the girl who was driving the red car, the kind of determination I had when I raced. She floored the gas as she sped in front of the blue car. She raced through the finish line after 5 laps, causing the soc to lose. Everyone cheered.

The girl named, Riley Anderson, got out of her car as she waved her hands around. When she took her helmet off, I think I could've died right there. She was so gorgeous. She had these sparkling green eyes that could make anyone fall in love. I nudged Soda beside me "hey, have you seen her around?" I ask. He shakes his head "she looks your type tho, Steve" he says.
—————-
After the race, the gang and I walked down by the bleachers to chat with some buddies. I wasn't paying attention to anything else other then the race car driver, Riley, who had won the drag race. I saw her walking her way to the parking lot, which caused her to walk pass us. I pulled her arm "hey, I just wanted to say congratulations little lady" I smiled. She smiled back at me "Thanks...you like watching me ride?" She winked. Damn this girl sure had some sass. I heard some of the boys laugh.

I chuckled "something like that" I say. She nods as she looks around. "So you live around here?" I ask as I stuff my hands in my pockets. She raises her eyebrow "why?..you gonna stalk me or something?" She asks. I laugh "Nah, I got better things to do..like fix cars" I say.

She snaps her head towards me. "You fix cars for a living?" She asks. "Yep. I drag race often with my buddy" I reply, jerking my head over to Soda.

"Cool...well, here let me give you my number. I could use a mechanic friend around" she takes out a pen and motions me to give her my arm. I put my arm out as she writes her number down. "Thanks handsome, I'll see ya around" she winks before walking off. I smile.

The gang comes up and starts teasing me. "Forget the joking, I think she's the one Steve" Soda says. "I do to" I say. Dal nudges me "She sure got a attitude like you" He mentions. "Ya come on, Steve she's like the perfect girl for you" Twobit states. 'She sure is' I think to myself.