Dallyboy ||Socs||

Thanks for the idea curtisprincess1 <3
——————————————————————

Pony stepped one foot in front of the other as he walked home from the lot. It was night. Pony had forgotten the time and hadn't realized. He knew there would be some shouting when he reached home.

The cool breeze blew strains of hair in his face every so often as we walked. Pony liked his hair long. Most greasers did, so they were able to style it up with grease. Pony thought grease made you cool, and to be honest, it kinda did.

Pony then came across a thought that made him scrunch his brows together as he still walk. His friend, Dallas Winston, doesn't wear any grease in his hair. Nope, he just lets his brown hair fall naturally. Yet, he was the coolest person Pony knows. I guess grease doesn't really determine how tuff you actually are, Pony thought.

His mind wandering off, he didn't even notice he had walked past his turn. Now he knew what Darry meant by 'don't you ever use that head of yours?'

As he was about to turn back, something stoped him. A mustang pulled up beside him. Pony's heart raced, his feet tended to move faster, his throat suddenly felt dry, but he continued walking. He had remembered what Dally had once told him 'Never show fear, that's when you let them know they've won'

"Hey, greaser! You don't wanna get a fine for littering, now would ya?..get off the street you trash!" One yelled out the window as they still trailed beside him. Pony was ignoring it, until he no longer had a choice and the car swerved in front of him, cutting him off.

"Didn't ya hear me grease?..you gonna make me drag you off the street?" He asked dangerously, coming close to Pony, his 2 other buddies doing the same.

Pony didn't show it, but was sweating on the inside. Begging for someone to hear him, even though he couldn't scream. He couldn't find his words, to scared of them beating him like they once did to Johnny cade.

"Here, let's help him out boys!" the one said, grabbing Pony's arms from behind. The other 2 boys starting throwing punches to Pony's sides, making him grunt with each fist that came in contact with his body.

"The fuck!" A voice appeared. That cold, hard voice Pony recognized immediately and was relieved.

Hell, Dal would do anything for that kid. When he saw those bastards beating on that innocent 14 year old, his blood boiled with rage he didn't even know he had. He wasted no time, hooking the one that was holding Pony in the face as he turned him around. His other buddies didn't quite know what to do. Nobody knew what to do when he comes to facing Dallas Winston. That boys got a rep around here.

"Fucking...Bastard" Dal gritted as he continued laying down punches. The older boy then remembered the younger boy still there, watching him. Dal got up off the soc, as hard as it was not to keep handing his ass to him. The soc started to get up, with the help of his two buddies.

"The fuck outta here!" Dal gave him a hard kick to the ass, literally, giving him some help back to his mustang.

The three of them then drove off, leaving the two greasers alone on the street.

"You alright, kid?" Dal turned to Pony.

Pony didn't trust his words, so he just nodded with a 'thanks' kinda smile. Dal nodded.

"Er' bleeding there, Pony" Dally gestured to his stomach, where some blood seeped through his shirt. One of the guy must have been wearing some rings. Most socs do.

"Shit" Pony cursed, looking down at his shirt. He knew his oldest brother, Darry, would probably be mad for him 'not using his head' and getting jumped.

"Come on...got some bandages and shit at Buck's you can use to clean it" Dal said, motioning Pony to walk with him to Buck's.

Getting to Buck's, the two greasers stepped up the porch steps before entering the old bar.

Pony wrinkles his noise at the stench, beer, sweat, and cigarettes. Dal chuckled, putting an arm around him. "Don't worry, Pones..it ain't like this upstairs" he said.

They past some people, Dal still holding Pony protectively in his arm as they walked upstairs. Pony didn't seem to care or notice. The whole gang would drape their arm around each other randomly.

Dal brought Pony to his room, shutting the door behind them. "I'll get em. You sit, kid" he said as he pointed to the bed, before walking into the bathroom to get the stuff to clean his friend up.

Pony sat down on the bed awkwardly. He never really came around Buck's, party from Darry's words saying 'how bad it was' and 'you never wanna be caught there'. Pony couldn't understand how Darry would say that, but his friend, a friend who's like family, lives here?

Dal came back out with a hand full of all sorts of wraps and bandages, along with some alcohol and cotton balls. Pony was surprised the hood had all this stuff here.

"Wow Dal, where ya be storing all of this?" Pony chucked a little as Dal dropped all the supplies on the bed next to him.

"Kid, you seen how many fights I've gotten into?" He said sarcastically, searching through the bandages "what?..you think just because I'm a juvenile delinquent, I oin't got medical supplies?" Dal cocked an eyebrow before giving Pony a playful smirk.

The younger boy smiled. "No..just thought you didn't care about stuff like this" Pony replied.

"I care about certain things" Dal responded. It was quiet after that, until Dal spoke again. "Lift er' shirt up" he instructed, holding a bottle of alcohol in one hand.

Pony winced as he pulled his shirt up, the fabric skimming over the bruises and cuts here and there.

"Probably gonna hurt" Dal looked up at Pony, who gave him a nod and bit his lip, waiting for the alcohol to come in contact with his skin.

Dal dabbed the cotton ball full of alcohol on the boy's cuts, making him hiss in pain. "Sorry, Pones" Dal mumbled as he continued cleaning the cuts and blood off his stomach.

Once he was finished, he then put bandages on the cuts here and there, while for the bruises, he couldn't really do anything about them.

"Thanks, Dal" Pony gave a slight smile. He much rather come here and have Dal patch him up, then go home and listen to Darry rant about him 'not using his head'.

"Don't mention it, kid" Dal smirked as he playfully ruffed Pony's hair.

"Ya better be getting home for' your brother skins ya" Dal said, assuming the boy didn't wanna stay any longer then he had to. He'd admit it, this place was kinda a dump.

"Uh..Is it..is it alright if I stay here tonight?" Pony asked timidly, fiddling with his fingers. "I oin't want Darry ripping into me when I get home" he explained.

"Sure, kid" Dal nodded. He was surprised the kid wanted to stay. "Here" he threw Pony a blanket as he motioned to the single bed. "You take the bed, I'll take the floor" Dal said. He didn't wanna admit it, but he'd rather have the kid sleeping on the bed than him.

"No, Dal. I'm not kicking you outta your own bed" Pony protested.

"You ain't..I choice to" Dal's stubborn ass said, getting comfy on the floor.

"Dal.." Pony sighed.

"Pony.." Dal said back in the same voice.

"I..I get nightmares sometimes...Ya know" Pony turned pink having to admit it to the toughest greaser in Tulsa.

"What?" Dal asked. It's not that he was really surprised about the kid's nightmares, he just wasn't sure what he really accomplished by telling him.

"Soda'd usually sleep with me" Pony turned pinker, looking anywhere but Dal.

The hood huffed, but stood as he walked over to the bed, taking a lay right beside the boy. It felt a little awkward for both of em at first. But once Pony relaxed, Dal started to as well.

"Night, Dal" Pony mumbled, a little weary of how the other boy would reply. It was silence for a moment.

"Night, Pones" Dal held a slight grin.