Steve ||cake||

You carefully pulled the fresh chocolate cake out of the oven, gently setting it down on the counter. "Careful sweetie" you said to SJ, your son, who was sitting on the counter with exciting eyes. SJ was only 7, and he was already just like his daddy.

SJ went to touch the hot cake with his finger, "Honey, watch your fingers. It's still hot" you stoped him.

"Uhhh...when's daddy getting home?" SJ groaned. You turned and looked at the clock.

"He should be home any minute" you smile.

"Why does daddy like cake so mush?" SJ asked, looking at the delicious cake.

"Oh, he's liked it his entire life" you laughed, remembering the countless times he'd eat Darry's cakes. 

"Really?" SJ looked up at you, then back down to the cake.

"Really" you nodded. Just then, the door was opened and in walked Steve. He was just getting off work.

"Hey honey..hey, SJ" Steve picked him up off the counter and set him on his shoulders. SJ laughed as he pat Steve's head.

"Mmm, you guys baking some cake?" Steve swiped his finger in the frosting container and ate some.

"Hey! That's mine" SJ pouted. Steve chuckled as he brought the container up to the little human on his shoulders, letting SJ get some as well.

"Okay, don't eat it all, boys. We need some for the actual cake" you smiled.

"Actual cake?....what about this cake?" Steve slapped your butt.

You turned around and slapped his arm. "Steve, not in front of SJ" you say. He just chuckled once again, before putting the little boy back on the counter and off his shoulders.

Once you finished icing the cake, you gave each of the boys a slice. "Mmm" SJ said as he dug his hand right into his cake. You laughed.

"Mmm is right" Steve came over to you, wrapping his arm around you "Thanks, babe" he kissed your cheek, getting chocolate on it.

You loved your boys