Darry ||football games||

You sit in the middle of the bleachers, as you watch your boyfriend out on the field. Your boyfriend was a soc, Preston.

You watched and cheered, as did everyone else in the stands. It was becoming intense, next to score wins.

Preston had caught the ball and started running to the end zone. Everyone, including you, started cheering. He dodged and ran through other players as he made it to the end zone! He threw the ball on the ground and cheered. You were so proud of him at this moment! You had helped him practice all week for this game.

You then spotted Preston jogging over to the fence. You were confused at first, but then heart shattered when he kissed the popular soc girl, Cherry Valence. You stared in disbelief as you felt your sight become blurry with tears in your eyes.

Preston looked over to you and just started laughing. You felt like your stomach was in knots. You started sobbing as you ran out of the bleachers.

As you were running, you ran into a tall figure. You looked up to see Darryl Curtis, another football player, the team captain in fact. He was also Preston's good friend, if you remembered correctly.

"Hey..are you okay?" He asks. He notices your tears and just hugs you. You couldn't help it, you broke down as his strong arms were wrapped around you.

After a moment of his comfort, "are you okay?" He asked again. You had told him everything, about how your boyfriend cheated on you. You feel him hug you tighter...until he tensed up. You looked up at him to see him glaring at your boyfriend.

He noticed you looking and said "I'll be right back" as he starts walking away. You spot him yelling at Preston, saying how lucky he is to have a girlfriend like you, how stupid he is to leave you like that. Preston then took a swing at him, to have Darryl grab his hand and twist it behind his back in a flash.

You walked over to them and stormed up to Preston. "After everything I've done for you! You would cheat on me!?...we're done!" You yelled.

Preston looked to you "like I give a shit...I only dated you out of pity! I never loved you! And if you believed I did, well your even stupider then I thought you were!" He yelled back. You stared at him with a blank emotion. You started to feel yourself shake form the sobs that were bound to come as you ran away. You couldn't believe him!

You ran to the front of the school as you slid down the wall. You just sat there sobbing, before you felt the presence of someone sitting down beside you. You looked to see Darryl.

"I'm not good enough for anyone...right?" You nod your head as you look to him. He grabs your chin to look into your eyes.

"Listen...you are the most amazing girl I've ever met" he looked down at you lips, as you did the same. Suddenly, Preston was right in front of you.

"Please, Y/n...I didn't mean it, come on, let me take ya home" he says. You didn't believe him. You knew how fast he could tell a lie.

"Go away!" You raised your voice, only for him to pull you up by your shirt. It shocked you that he'd ever grab you like that.

"Hey!" Darryl yelled, before Preston had slapped you. You felt more tears roll down as you fell to the ground.

Darryl waisted to time, tackling him. He was throwing punches left and right. "Get the hell out of here!..and if I ever see you near her again, I won't go so easy on you" he warned before letting him up. Preston beat it outta there pretty fast.

Darryl came over and kneeled down beside you with a hand on your back. "Are you okay?" He asked. You looked up at him "can you take me home?"