(Drama) pt.4 last part

Y/n's POV
———————————
As you walked along the side walk, you thought about the gang. Should I have yelled at Soda and Steve like that last night? You asked yourself as you kicked pebbles.

You looked up and saw the DX. As you walked over to the gas station, you knew you had to make it right with them, you needed your friends back.

You walked in and spotted Soda and Steve chatting at the counter. They both looked over when they heard the door open and gave you a slight smile...well not Steve, but Soda.

You walked up to them as you rested your elbows on the counter. "So...I'm cool if your cool" you sighed. Both nodded.

"Ya were cool" Soda said, along with a "It's cool" from Steve.

You smiled "cool" you replied. They both nodded once again. "So I'll se ya around then?" You start backing up.

they both gave you a nod and a smile.

You walked out of the DX, glad you guys were cool. After all, Steve and Soda are like your family.
—————————————-
That night~
You pulled off your shirt, changing for bed. While snooping through your closet, you felt a tap on your shoulder as you gasped and Immediately, grabbed the baseball bat hidden in your closet. You turned around to face whoever was there. Dallas. You saw Dallas standing there with his hands up.

"What are you doing here? get out" you pointed to the door, still holding the bat.

" hear me out, Please, I never meant to hurt you" he shook his head. You felt tears well in your eyes.

"Then why'd you say it?...we promised we weren't gonna tell anybody" you whispered the last part.

"Hey" he said softly, but you pushed the bat to his chest "no" you said as you pushed him to sit on your bed. "Your the one who said we should keep this thing, our thing, on the down low. That it'd create a rift in the gang, and it did. So why'd you do it?" You demand.

"Tim" he said.

"I don't understand" you shook your head, still holding the bat to his chest.

"When he got out of the cooler...he wanted to get at you...so I claimed you. To protect you" he explained. You sighed and sat down beside him.

"You don't have to protect me. Protect yourself. Leave, get away from Tim" you said. He shook his head.

"You don't understand. Your gonna go off and go to collage and have a family some day. Pony's gonna follow Darry's footsteps and get accepted into some fancy collage. The rest of the gang, they'll figure things out and get out" he said. "But this life. It's my destiny. I have and always will be a hood. It's to late" he shook his head

"No it's not." You said as you shifted to face him. "There's so many"-

"You guys got me all twisted! All these years talking about a future away from this place, but it ain't gonna happen...Man, this is all I got" he finished.

"No, it's not" you say softly as you cupped his face with one hand. Your faces were inches away now. Slowly, your lips found each other as they moved in sync.

You started to pull at Dal's shirt, craving more. He kept pulling it back down though. As you tried again, he pulled it back down, causing you to break the kiss and when you did, you saw something awful. Bruises. Bruises and cuts all over his stomach. Then you immediately knew. You looked up at Dallas.

"You got jumped in" you gasp. Dallas got jumped into the Shepard's.
—————————————————
The next day~
Soda, Johnny, Pony, and you walked down the street to the lot, hoping to play some football. You didn't tell them about Dal yet. Steve suddenly appeared next to you guys. Then Twobit also walked over by your side. Now almost everyone was here, except Darry and Dallas.

You suddenly looked over at Tim Shepard's house, stoping. That's where Dal crashes all the time.

"He's not coming with us" Soda says.

"And why would you want him to?" Twobit adds.

You ignore them as you walked over to the house.

"Y/n?...Y/n!" Steve calls. They all stayed back though.

You stood at the front lawn, waiting, hoping, that Dal would come out. You saw the front door open, and out walked Dallas. He walked over to you guys without a word. The gang didn't say nothing either.

You guys just began walking to the lot.
"Guys..there's something I need to tell you" you look to Dallas. They all started to turn around to look at you. That was until, Tims car pulled up beside you guys.

"Dallas" he called and motioned him to get in. Dal looked back at you guys but walked over to Tim as he stepped into the car. Without a word, they drove off.

The gang and you stepped out into the middle of the road as you watched them drive off.

"What were you gonna say, Y/n?" Steve asked.

"Dallas...he got jumped in" you whispered.
———————————————-

From that day on, the gang had never been the same with out the protector of the group. The gang or you had never hung around or talked to Dallas again. It's not that you didn't want to, it's that Dallas ran with the Shepard's now. It was to late.