Dallyboy ||cool nights||

-Okay so this is my first 'outsiders ship' one-shot, sorry if it's kinda bad
————————————-
It was a breezy autumn night, when Ponyboy had decided to go to this party. A party Curly Shepard had invited him to.

Pony stepped inside Buck's, feeling a little strange weather he should be here. His oldest brother, Darry, had told him to keep his widths about from here. Pony didn't wanna seem like a chicken, or let Curly down though.

Pony looked around the room, specifically trying to spot the curly headed greaser anywhere. He suddenly spotted Curly at one of tables, drinking a beer with some other buddies.

Ponyboy made his way over to him, shuffling through sweaty bodies and cigarette smoke. You could hear the Hank Williams that played through out the house. Pony thought it was annoying.

"Hey, Curly" Pony greeted, taking a seat at the table.

"Curtis, ya made it" Curly patted his shoulder, greeting the younger boy.

"You guys know Ponyboy, right?" He spoke to his two friends. They both nodded with a wave.
———————————-
Half an hour later, Curly's friends had gone off, as he was now trying to get Pony to drink.

"Come on man, it ain't that bad" Curly shrugged, taking another sip of his beer.

If Pony was being honest, he didn't wanna touch any alcohol tonight. In fact, the thought of it made his stomach twist.

"Come on, just try it" Curly put the bottle to Pony's lips. The younger greaser just shook his head.

"Oh, come on"-

"Hey!" A voice was heard. The two greasers both snapped their heads to where the voice came from.

There was Dallas Winston, storming over to them. Pony couldn't have been happier to Dal. He knows the one person who doesn't stand for peer pressure is Dallas.

When Dallas came down stairs and saw Curly pushing that bottle to Pony's lips, he just about lost it. The one thing he hates-can't stand, is pear pressure. How Dare he he thought.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" Dallas hissed to Curly, hovering over him.

"We were just having some fun" Curly laughed it off, looking to Pony.

"You were having fun. Get the fuck outta here, kid for' I bash your head in" he threatened in a low voice. Dallas Winston didn't need to raise his voice or show rage to make people feel threatened.

Curly Shepard wasted no time standing and hurrying himself else where.

Dallas looked to Pony, who just sat there. Pony didn't know what to think.

"You okay, kid?" He asked, his voice still hard and ragged, but Pony could tell his rage wasn't pointed to him.

"I'm okay" was all Pony said. He felt stupid for giving such a blank answer like that.

"Darry know your here?"

"No, he thinks I'm out with Johnny"

"Come on. It's getting late, man, I'll come with ya. Last thing I need is superman bashing my head in when you end up getting jumped" Dallas said.

Half of that was a lie, half wasn't. Dal, in fact, didn't need Darry kicking his ass if the kid ever got jumped. But, that's not the only reason he wanted to go with the kid.

The two of them left Buck's as they started walking down the street.

The cold breeze suddenly blew across the young greaser, making him shiver. Of course, he wouldn't show it though, especially in front of the tuff hood.

"Why didn't ya bring a coat, stupid?" Dallas asked as he lit a smoke.

"Forgot" was Pony's only reply.

Dallas huffed, but took off his jacket as he slid it onto the younger boys shoulders. Pony was surprised he had given up his jacket for him. This is the jacket Dal would wear everywhere. Even in the summer.

"Thanks, Dal" A grin tugged at Pony's lips.

"Don't mention it, kid"

————————————————
Tell me what you guys thought!?